This role is to lead large telecom transformation engagements over the next 1-2 years. Combination of program management and technical network/telecom skills are required. Ability to interact with architecture and operations representatives at both the hands-on and executive level is critical. The role will also require management of 3rd party telecom partners – experience with vendor management from both a contracting and delivery perspective would be helpful. Excellent financial management skills are also required.
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.
Your future duties and responsibilities
- Plan, organize, lead and monitor the activities of the collaborating Programs or Project Managers. This is also applicable for Transition/Transformation Programs and related Projects
- Independently or at an expert level apply all Professional, Leadership and CGI Specific competencies as outlined in the PM Career Path Guidelines – Appendix 5
- Ensure that there is adequate staffing on the project and that all staff are competent in procedures applicable to their roles
- Maintain overall control of the schedule and the delivery of all expected deliverables
- Prepare the management deliverables (e.g. project plan, work plan, management reviews, request for changes, outstanding issues and risks) and seeks approval when necessary
- Notify the Engagement Manager, Program Manager, or Project Director of any issues and submit recommendations to resolve these issues
- Take action on issues of non-compliance in quality and ensure all project products are in accordance with quality standards
- Maintain ongoing contact with the client project manager and ensure ongoing close work relationship
- Communicate plans, responsibilities and status to project stakeholders
- Support Engagement Manager, Program Manager or Project Director in communicating plans and status to senior client stakeholders
- Manage and communicate all outstanding issues, risks and decisions and change requests
- Perform or guide the role of configuration manager, ensuring that the procedures identified for configuration management are followed and that the Change Control Board (CCB) performs as specified
- Perform or guide the role of requirements manager, ensuring that the procedures identified for requirements management are followed
- Maintain project budget, review and track all project time and expenses, and performs monthly financial reporting and forecasting
- Manage project scope, raises and documents Project Change Requests where applicable
Required qualifications to be successful in this role