Caregiver Job Description
Our purpose is Making Lives Better through Happier Aging. We help seniors stay in their homes for as long as they choose, and our real talent is caring and connecting to seniors’ hearts. We have a mission to help seniors continue doing what they love most. We are not just another homecare company fulfilling daily tasks, we are a company that admires people and seeks to make a difference in everything we do. By working at Nurse Next Door you will be part of a growing company that is helping seniors do what they love again.
As a member of the Nurse Next Door team you understand how to hustle with heart - this is essential! You enjoy working collaboratively but with a high degree of autonomy and thrive by seeing results. You are a self led leader who takes responsibility for your own actions. You show care by engaging in intentional, compassionate conversations to help others achieve their fullest potential. You are inspired by the idea of being involved with an organization that is changing the way we deliver home care through our Happier Aging philosophy.
As a Nurse Next Door Caregiver, you are passionate about Making Lives Better and:
- Always put clients first
- Have a warm and caring heart
- Think of creative solutions and always find a better way
- Follow through with commitments and build great relationships
- Go above and beyond (even when no one is looking!)
You deliver on the following duties and responsibilities:
- Creates Happier Aging experiences and client focused care in home and community settings
- Delivers on our Brand Promise by owning the client’s experience, ensuring that you do whatever it takes to bring peace of mind to our clients and their families
- Assists clients with activities of daily living: healthy meal preparation, personal care, light housekeeping, errands, companionship, transportation, etc.
- Meets safety standards, using equipment safely and accurately
- Provides premium care approach to clients and their family members
- Responds to Care Services Center (CSC) Team regarding scheduling inquiries and updates within the agreed upon timeline
- Reviews the care plan prior to beginning a visit, completing records accurately and carrying out all assignments as requested
- Engages in open communication with your Care Designer when opportunities to elevate your client’s experience and care are identified
- Updates availability and vacation requests (as per stated expectations) with HR to ensure continuity of care for your client
- Flexibility is required
- Casual / Part time / Full time
We provide care 24/7, so visits may be scheduled early morning, afternoon, evening, or overnight to meet our clients’ needs.
- Two positive professional references
- Background or Criminal Record Check with a Vulnerable Sector Search (updated every 5 years for continued employment)
- Negative TB test (updated every 5 years for continued employment)
- Proof of health care certification
- Ability to travel independently to client’s visits
- Communication skills, both written and verbal at a high school graduate level
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary, Casual
- BC Care Aide and Community Health Worker Registry (Preferred)