Job Post: Administrative Assistant / Bookkeeper (Part-Time)
About Purple Sales Solutions
Purple Sales Solutions Inc. accelerates B2B technology and professional services organization growth initiatives in North America with best sales and marketing practices leveraging cutting edge technologies. Headquartered in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, with ties in Europe and in the United States we execute winning go-to-market strategies hand-in-hand with our clients. As a result, we empower clients to foster their market presence and increase their sales faster.
About the Position
Purple Sales Solutions (PSS) is looking for a part-time Administrative Assistant / Bookkeeper. This role will be integral to building PSS’s internal operations, policies and procedures. We envision that someone who excels in this position will be able to develop the role into a permanent position in the next 12-18 months.
At this time, we require assistance with the following types of tasks:
- Review, sort, code and post incoming payables
- Organize and enter expenses for Senior Management
- Ensure vendors and contractors are paid on time
- Prepare deposits
- Review and enter payroll
- Monthly reconciliation of bank and credit card accounts
- Respond to inquiries regarding A/P and A/R
- Document management and organization
- Maintain physical and digital filing systems
- Update sales agent activity reports
- Other data entry
Successful Candidates must be:
- Fast learner, eager to learn new things.
- Able to suggest improvements to existing processes.
- Self-directed, autonomous.
- Reliable, deadline-driven.
- Professional, courteous, and discrete.
- Excellent problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Well-organized, accurate.
- Fluent in English, excellent written and verbal skills.
- Strong grammar skills.
Required Skills (Must Have):
Experience with the following:
- QuickBooks Online
- MS Office
Intermediate Excel Skills, for example:
- Format cells and worksheets
- Enter data using AutoComplete
- Select, edit, and delete cell contents
- Insert and delete rows and columns
- Hide and unhide rows and/or columns
- Freeze and split panes
- Format a worksheet for printing
- Use basic formulas: SUM, COUNT, COUNTA, AVERAGE
Assets (Nice to Have):
Advanced Excel Skills, for example:
- Intermediate to advanced formulas: IF, SUMIF, COUNTIF, CONCATENATE
- Use formulas to format text: PROPER, UPPER, LOWER
- Summarize data using Subtotal
- Remove duplicate cells
- Work with cells in a table using Data Sorting and AutoFilter
- Advanced formulas: VLOOKUP, HLOOKUP, Nested Ifs
Experience with the following:
- Zoho Expense
Start Date: Immediately
Compensation: $20/hour (to start)
Hours of Work: 16-20 hours per week, schedule to be mutually determined
Place of Work: Toronto, ON
Only qualified applicants will be contacted.
Purple Sales Solutions is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliant with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify us when contacted for an interview.
Job Types: Part-time, Internship, Contract
Salary: $20.00 /hour