Hours of work:
up to a maximum of 20 hours/week. The work terms for this position are:
1. Fall 2018:
September 4, 2018 – December 16, 2018
2. Winter 2019:
January 2, 2019 – April 18, 2019
3. Summer 2019:
May 6, 2019 – August 19, 2019
This position will be located in the Health Sciences Department
What Douglas Offers
DO what you love. Be good at it. That’s how Douglas College defines a great career. It’s a philosophy that resonates through our classrooms, our offices and our boardrooms. It inspires our students and drives us to make Douglas College one of BC’s Top Employers. We love what we do. And we’re looking for passionate, motivated people to join us in making one of Canada’s best colleges even better.
Under the supervision of faculty, the student researcher will transcribe the data from the focus groups and will be involved with data review and analysis. The student researcher may also be involved with publishing and disseminating the research data.
Under the supervision and direction of faculty:
1. Producing a written record of information/data received in focus groups from
2.Assisting with literature reviews including identifying appropriate resources;
3.Assisting with data review and analysis;
4.Assisting with set ups for research;
5.Assisting with preparations, publication and dissemination of research data.
To Be Successful in this Role You Will Need
- Experience or familiarity with dementia and health care terminology will be considered an asset
Domestic students must meet ONE of the following criteria, to be eligible to work as a Student Assistant/Student Research Assistant:
1. The domestic student must be enrolled in, and maintain, a minimum of one or more (3 credit) courses at Douglas College throughout the work term; OR
2. The domestic student must have been enrolled in, and maintained, a minimum of one or more (3 credit) courses at Douglas College in the term immediately preceding the work term and has indicated an intention to enroll at the college in the term immediately following the work term; OR
3. The domestic student must be enrolled in, and maintain a minimum of two or more (3 credit) courses at another accredited public post-secondary institution in B.C. throughout the work term
International students must meet ONE of the following criteria, to be eligible to work as a Student Assistant/Student Research Assistant:
1. The international student is enrolled in full-time studies at Douglas College, throughout the academic year; OR
2. The international student, who is not a Douglas College student, but is an international student at another accredited public post-secondary institution in B.C., has a valid Study Permit that has the notation – “May accept employment on or off campus if meeting eligibility criteria as per R186 (F), (V) or (W). Must cease working if no longer meeting these criteria.” Proof of enrollment in full-time studies from the other post-secondary institution is required.
An original copy of a Social Insurance Number (SIN) and an original Study Permit are required by law before commencing work at Douglas College.
Qualified Douglas College students meeting the above criteria will be given first preference over students of other qualifying institutions.