GSS Delta View Care Centre is looking to hire Health Care Aides to start as soon as possible. Up to full time hours are available.
Please note, that HCAs will be restricted to working in a single facility due to the COVID-19 Single Site Order.
New graduates are encouraged to apply.
Recruitment Incentives may be Available to New Hires
Relocation Assistance, Signing Bonuses, Tuition Reimbursement, Accommodations
(For new hires only)
If you are interested in relocating to BC, check out the new ‘Expedited Registration Pathway for Qualified Canadian Out of Province Health Care Assistants.’
Go to www.cachwr.bc.ca to inquire
Under the supervision of the Care Coordinator, and the day-to-day direction of the in charge RN and/or LPN, a mature, caring, compassionate, energetic Resident Care Aide will perform routine functions involved in the provision of effective, safe, person-centered high quality resident care.
Duties are performed in accordance with established policies and procedures and in a manner that enriches the resident's life, allowing the resident to continually feel respected, valued, dignified, safe, comfortable, while promoting optimal functional independence.
- Provides quality personal care to residents, ensuring that the residents' activities of daily living needs are met as per policy and procedures. e.g. personal hygiene, oral care, skin care, toileting, bathing, nail care, dressing, grooming and activation.
- Provides residents with nutritional assistance. e.g. meals and nourishment, assisting residents to eat as needed. Assisting residents to and from dining areas in accordance with meal service schedules. Report any appetite/fluid intake changes or concerns immediately to the Nurse in charge.
- Observes and reports any changes in resident's functional and cognitive behaviour to the Nurse in charge.
- Transfers residents in/out of bed, to/from wheelchair, toilet and chair using mechanical lifts, or if deemed safe one - two person transfers as per the residents care plan.
- Encourages and assists residents to participate in social, physical, spiritual and recreational activities.
- Maintains a clean, safe, homelike environment for residents and a safe, healthy, fun environment for all staff.
- Ensures care equipment and supplies are always used and stored in safe and efficient manners, Reporting unsafe or faulty equipment, hazards or near misses immediately.
- Under the direction of the RN or LPN assists with nursing care such as non-sterile dressings, enemas, suppositories, collection of specimens or skin care treatments.
- Ensures residents personal items are marked and handled and stored properly. Processing of soiled personal clothing as per policy and procedures. Removing/changing soiled linens.
- Ensures that resident rights are maintained and respected, which includes confidentiality.
- Answers call bells promptly and responds appropriately to resident requests.
- Actively participates in facility programs, meetings, committees and educational in-services.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Graduate from a recognized well established Resident Care Aide Program with a minimum B+ Average.
- Previous experience in a long term care facility is preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing in the English language.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to effectively interact with the various individuals involved in providing quality resident-centered care.
- Must be in good health and free from communicable diseases, physically able to perform repetitive tasks, lift, squat, bend, stand and walking as required to perform the duties of the position.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Casual