M.B. Laboratories Ltd is a full-service analytical chemistry and microbiology laboratory. We offer diagnostic and analytical services to a wide variety of professionals, businesses, consultants, private citizens, and government agencies in British Columbia and across Canada. We are a small company with a highly trained, professional staff. Our services are utilized by a large number of municipalities, governments and water districts for the routine monitoring of food, drinking water, wastewater, treatment plants & specialized troubleshooting.
We are currently seeking an experienced, eager individual to join our team of professionals as a Microbiologist. This position will report to the Manager of Laboratory Services, and will be responsible for the preparation and analysis of samples requiring microbial screening .
- Preparation and analysis of samples requiring microbial screening.
- Responsible for the timely processing of samples and preparation of analytical results in report format.
- Maintain high quality standards through QC/QA program.
- Keep accurate documentation and tracking of samples and results.
- Preparation of media, reagents, and solutions as required.
- General cleanup of lab ware and lab space as well as routine maintenance of equipment used.
- Participation in laboratory proficiency and performance evaluations.
- Keeping an active inventory for the Microbiology department.
- Supervising and training of new technicians.
- May have one or more technicians reporting to this position.
- Other responsibilities as directed by the Manager of Laboratory Services
- Degree in Microbiology, Biology or related field supplemented with relevant work experience.
- This is not an entry level position; experience is essential - 2+ years preferred in a supervisory position.
- Experience with leadership and supervision is desirable
- Must be reliable, responsible, organized, motivated, and capable of working as a team member.
- This job competition is open to local candidates only.
Cover letters and resumes can be emailed to the attention of Abby Withers.
We thank those who apply; however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00 /year
- Laboratory: 2 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)