Scope & General Purpose
Responsible for cleanliness and upkeep of kitchen and kitchen wares in line with business and within the Alberta Food Safety and Delta Banff Royal Canadian Lodge standards.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintaining the cleanliness of the wares/cutlery in the hotel
- Ensure all dishes are cleaned using the proper machinery
- Removing garbage/recycling from the kitchen
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of the stewarding area
- Maintain cleanliness of the kitchens, cafeteria and loading bay area.
- Ensure the water in the dish-washing machine is changed regularly and as scheduled to ensure the proper dosages of chemicals are dispensed into machines.
- Ensure cleaning equipment is properly cleaned and maintained.
- Other duties as assigned.
Preferred Knowledge/ Qualifications
- Multi-tasked assignments and work effectively as a team member.
- Work well under pressure and changing situations
- Maintaining high standards of productivity and efficiency in the kitchen.
- Able to adapt to early morning/late night shift start and end times.
- Maintain positive attitude and excellent level of service
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; communicate.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Job Type: Full-time