ICBC is looking for a dynamic, proactive and organized administrative support professional to join our team in Courtenay, BC! You will provide general administrative support to our Claims Division. Your administrative experience and your customer service skills are essential in this fast-paced, service oriented environment.
Your responsibilities may include:
- Greeting customers and responding to enquiries in person and on the phone
- Performing a variety of administrative support functions such as filing, sorting mail, and arranging meetings
- Preparing and reviewing reports and documents for accuracy and error correction
- Completing correspondence and memos
- Maintaining and updating all statistical documents
- Assisting in opening, maintaining and closing claim files
- Preparing file documents for records retention.
- A minimum typing speed of 40 net words per minute with a 90% accuracy level
- A minimum data entry speed of 5,000 net key strokes per hour with a 95% accuracy level
- High school graduation and some combination of coursework in an administrative program and/or several years of experience in an office environment; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Initiative and good judgment to be proactive and determine priorities
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and to be flexible to adapt to changing work demands, volumes and schedules
- Attention to detail and focus on accuracy
- Strong customer service skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency with relevant computer applications including Microsoft Word, Excel.
Start date: May 27, 2019
Location: 505 Crown Isle Blvd, Courtenay
Schedule: Mon-Fri, 8:30-4:30 pm
What else do we offer?
- 3 weeks' vacation
- Flex days
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Gold start pension plan
- Career growth & development
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- administrative assistant: 1 year (Required)