The Part-Time Help Desk Technician will be responsible for handling first and second level support and service requests for all technology, including: workstations, printers, network equipment, software and vendor specific equipment.
This is an In-Office / Onsite job.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintaining warehouse hardware and software applications, operating systems and regular maintenance
- Responding to inquiries from staff, administrators, service providers, site personnel and outside vendors and etc. to provide technical assistance and support
- Track, prioritize and document requests.
- IT support relating to technical issues involving Microsoft’s core applications and operating systems
- Install and configure new computers and other IT equipment
- Repair and upgrade different types of computers (software and hardware)
- Troubleshoot printer, copiers, scanners and take necessary actions.
- Keep track of IT supplies and equipment e.g. cables and adapters
- Install cables in the organization when necessary
- Maintain accurate inventory record
- Research and learn about new software in the market that relates to the organization's functions
- Document systems
- Train staff in various software applications (i.e. Microsoft Office, Windows, newly installed printers, scanners, etc)
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must have good written and spoken communication skills
- Ability to troubleshoot multifaceted problems in a systematic manner
- Must be a person who enjoys learning new things and solving problems.
- They must be able to communicate well and interact well with other employees.
- Ability to perform multiple, technical, tasks with need to regularly upgrade skills to meet dynamic job conditions.
- Flexibility to independently work with others in variety of circumstances
- Ability to set and follow priorities
- Being attentive to detail
- Conveying technical information to non-technical audiences
- Ability to identify and protect confidential information
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger; and talk and/or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision for reading and writing.
- IT Support: 2 years (Preferred)
Job Type: Part-time
- Help Desk: 2 years (Preferred)