Legalization has opened up the recreational cannabis market in Canada, and the global demand for medical cannabis continues to expand. In this exciting new environment, Canopy Growth’s mission is to be the No. 1 cannabis company in the world. We’re looking for incredible people to join us on the journey.
With millions of square feet of licensed cannabis production and operations spanning five continents, Canopy Growth Corporation (“Canopy Growth”) is the largest legal producer of cannabis in the world. It is a listed company on the Toronto Stock Exchange (WEED), the New York Stock Exchange (CGC), and is part of the S&P Composite Index. Its wholly owned subsidiaries — including its flagship, Tweed, and international medical companies operating under the Spectrum Cannabis brand — are leading producers of legal, regulated cannabis.
Headquartered in Smiths Falls, Ontario, Canopy Growth recognizes that employees are at the core of its success, and takes pride in a corporate culture that emphasizes inclusiveness, collaboration, and diversity. Our employees come from a wide range of backgrounds, each bringing their own unique skills and talents to the table, working together to continue and increase our incredible momentum of growth.
Outstanding training and education is a cornerstone of our business. As a Regional Corporate Trainer, your role is to convey cannabis knowledge and skills to Canopy retail employees, developing a highly competitive, skilled workforce. Training would include new retail store employees and supporting to develop knowledge for existing staff in the western Canadian provinces (Saskatchewan, Alberta, British Columbia). This position involves frequent travel, providing in-class training at various locations.
- Work closely with the Training team (Coordinators, Trainers, SMEs) to understand training needs across the organization.
- Contribute to the design of effective training programs.
- Supporting the coordination of training scheduling and venue booking.
- Effectively conduct instructor-delivered training, seminars, workshops etc.
- Focus on relationship-building with store managers, district sales managers and all Canopy employees; interacts with others in a way that promotes trust and confidence in the development of skills and cannabis knowledge.
- Plan and support the development of individual skills, abilities and customer care.
- Consistently maintain high levels of activity and productivity; operating efficiently and effectively to further Canopy’s educational goals.
- Prepare educational and training material as needed.
- Conduct administrative duties including end of course reports, expense reports, attendance trackers and project summaries.
- Manage assessments and scoring.
- Maintain a high performance under stressful situations and demonstrate the abilities to think on one’s feet to solve problems.
- Conduct evaluations to identify areas of improvement.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience and Background
- Proven experience as a Facilitator/Educator
- Understanding of adult learning principles, teaching methodologies and tools
- Proficient in Google Suites, Powerpoint, LMS / eLearning software
- Cannabis knowledge/Industry background would be an asset
- Excellent listening and communication skills
- Engaging, motivational, passionate, and flexible
- Excellent presentation and public speaking skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Honed critical thinking and decision-making skills
- A strong sense of personal integrity and confidentiality
- The ability to work independently with little supervision
- Confident, extroverted and resilient personality required
This is a full time position based out of Calgary. Frequent travel is required.
We appreciate the interest from all candidates, and promise to review all applications, but we will only be contacting those who best fit the requirements. If you don’t hear from us, don’t fret; every resume we get is kept in our database for six months for consideration in future searches for talent.
Canopy Growth welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
One last note:
the chosen applicant will be required to successfully complete background and reference checks.
Thank you so much for your interest in Canopy Growth.