At Rocky Mountaineer, we invite guests to the majestic Pacific Northwest and Rocky Mountains and take them on a world class journey. With the help of our dedicated team, we offer more than a renowned luxury product, we create life changing experiences. We are looking for positive people who bring a passion for excellence and commitment to teamwork to join us.
Rocky Mountaineer is proud to work with a strong team of talented individuals. We were recently named one of Deloitte’s Best Managed Companies and have won Employer of the Year by the Tourism Industry Association of Canada multiple times.
This role is responsible for administering the Information Management platform for the organization including the maintenance and management of all databases and environments supporting all enterprise applications and systems. Additionally, this role will also be responsible for the development, testing and maintenance of data integration and migration workflows for the corporate data warehouse and other enterprise applications. This role will apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to ensure client satisfaction with both operational and project related issues.
Since Rocky Mountaineer has standardized on using Microsoft as the technology platform, this role will be focused on the use and application of the Microsoft BI and IM software stack including SQL Server and SQL Server Integration Services.
- Install, administer and maintain all SQL Server instances including service packs.
- Setup and administer all DB environments including Dev, Test, Staging and Production.
- Create and manage all databases across environments including Azure SQL-as-a-Service.
- Create and manage users and assign permissions based on the level of access required.
- Create linked servers to SQL Server and other enterprise databases.
- Define database backup and restoration strategy.
- Create database backups and setup automated backup schedules.
- Restore database from backups in the event of data loss, DB failure or corruption or as per user requests.
- Setup, create and maintain DB server farms and DB clusters for required enterprise applications to enable High-Availability as part of the IT Disaster Recovery Strategy.
- Monitoring and Performance Tuning: physical servers, virtual machines, database and query tuning including the creation and maintenance of indexes, monitoring CPU, memory and disk usage.
- Administer all ETL environments including Dev, Test, Staging and Production.
- Create source-to-target mappings for data integration jobs across enterprise applications.
- Develop data warehouse models and prepare reports for all metadata integration into systems.
- Migrate and promote validated objects across environments as required.
- Define automated ETL schedules for nightly, weekly, monthly, etc. data refreshes and provide support as required.
- Create and update the Entity Relationship (ER) diagrams for the corp. data warehouse and the reporting Operational Data Store (ODS).
- Create data flow diagrams to support ETL workflows and processes.
- Document all test procedures for ETL processes and coordinate with business analysts and users to resolve all requirement and data quality issues.
- Monitor and provide support for Scheduled ETL SQL agent jobs.
- Define and implement Best Practices for database administration and data integration.
- Troubleshoot database or IM related issues as part of day-to-day operational activities.
- Provide DB administration and ETL support on Capital and Operational IT projects.
- Document all SQL Server and ETL instances, environments, databases, processes and workflows.
- Ensure documentation is kept up to date based on any changes to environments or instances.
- Working in an IT environment for at least 5 years in a Database Administration role.
- Working in an IT environment for at least 2 years in an ETL Development role.
- Expertise in Microsoft BI and IM technology stack including MS Visio.
- At least 5 years’ experience administering MS SQL Server 2008/2012/2016 enterprise environments.
- At least 2 years’ experience with ETL development using MS SQL Server Integration Services 2008/2012/2014.
- Understanding of Incident and Change Management and ability to follow Rocky Mountaineer’s process, procedure standards and methodologies.
- Basic understanding of Infrastructure, Business Applications, and Help Desk technology.
- Working knowledge of Active Directory and related user management tasks.
- Working in an environment requiring constant and clear communications both verbal and written
- Working in a team environment and experience working cohesively with related IT teams
- Basic understanding of the project management life cycle.
- Gathering information, analyzing and providing trending analysis.
- Proven writing skills with the ability to organize and present information in various forms such as textual, graphical and statistical.
- College Diploma in Computer Science, IT or MIS with emphasis on Database Administration and/or equivalent experience.
- Professional certifications such as MSCA or MSCE in Data Platform (SQL Server) or BI.
- Deductive reasoning skills as they pertain to Database Administration activities, such as troubleshooting focused on determining hardware vs. software, hardware vs. firmware, software vs. operating system, network vs. application/systems, and patterned vs. non-repeatable problems.
- Results-oriented and customer-focused. Demonstrated ability to develop effective working relationships with internal and external customers.
- Able to drive and manage change.
- Adhere to IT best practices, methodologies and disciplines.
- Able to manage multiple conflicting priorities, reprioritize tasks, establish priorities, work independently and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, probe, analyze and problem-solve complex issues.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to adapt in a complex and changing environment.
- Work with detailed technical information and hands-on technology experience.
- Work as part of a team.
- Manage personal stress and know own limits.
- Ask for help when needed.
- Ability to maintain information in confidence and exercise good judgment.
- Communicate clearly and concisely.
If this position suits your skills, experience and personal attributes, we want to talk to you!
Please apply by submitting your resume and a covering letter outlining why you are a suitable candidate. Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Armstrong Group is committed to equal opportunity employment and invites applications from all qualified candidates. Please note that background checks are a part of our hiring process.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- MS SQL Server: 4 years (Preferred)
- cloud based database: 2 years (Preferred)
- Database Administration: 5 years (Required)