Assistant Site Superintendent, High Rise
Minto Communities Inc.
Why join Minto?
We are an award winning, and fully integrated real estate company, offering new homes and condos, rentals, furnished suites, property and investment management. Since our humble beginnings in 1955, we’ve built over 85,000 new homes, manage 8,800 rental units, and carry 2.5 million square feet of commercial space. Our investment management portfolio spans $2.5 billion in assets. With over 1,100 employees in Canada and the southern USA, we proudly build better places for people to live, work and play, one home and one relationship at a time, collectively embracing our values – Accomplishment, Courage, Innovation, and Partnership - in all that we do.
As we continue to evolve and grow, we are faced with an ever changing environment where there is ample opportunity to try something new. We believe in hiring the best people who are as committed to creating incredible experiences for our customers as we are. We pride ourselves on flexibility – extending beyond a competitive total rewards package, to include a platform for career and professional development, a reward and recognition program, tuition and professional designation reimbursement, employee discounts on new homes and rentals, flexible summer hours, and so much more. Join us to find out how you can be a part of it all!
The Assistant Site Superintendent is responsible for supporting the Site Superintendent with a strong focus on process through a timely and effective site program to ensure the goals and objectives of development are achieved.
What you’ll be responsible for day to day:
Who we’re looking for:
- Thorough understanding of all plans and specifications;
- Assist in developing construction schedule and site management plan;
- Develop the site set up/layout with the Site Superintendent including enclosures, offices, access, utilities, etc.;
- Monitors and implement efforts to maintain schedules;
- Monitors good housekeeping and maintenance of the site management plan;
- Ensures site safety program is adhered to by ALL parties throughout the entire site for the duration of the project;
- Coordinates all activity between trades and suppliers;
- Maintains daily comprehensive logs and ensure effective site meetings;
- Implements and maintains a quality control program by setting standards with the use of mock-ups at all stages of construction;
- Implements programs to ensure accuracy and quality control for all common areas, in-suite finishes and upgrades;
- Ensures accuracy of all trade monthly progress certificates;
- Ensures trades maintain updated As-Built Drawings, Commissioning Documents, Occupancy and Warranty Programs;
- Co-ordinates and implements procedures with all governing authorities and consultants to obtain the schedule occupancy permit;
- Coordinates with all the trades and consultants the commissioning of all equipment in an effective and timely manner;
- Ensures a construction inspection and deficiency rectification program is implemented and completed prior to the in-suite PDI (Pre Delivery Inspection);
- Assists management in obtaining and verifying all ‘As-Builts’ and manuals received from trades;
- Monitors and maintains a monthly budget review with management;
- Continually pursues cost effective alternatives to improve financial performance;
- Prepares and submit construction project budget estimates;
- Assist in planning, organizing, directing, controlling and evaluating construction projects from start to finish according to schedule, specifications and budget;
- Plans and prepares construction schedules and milestones and monitor progress against established schedules;
- Represents the company in a professional and courteous manner at all times;
- Directs the purchase of building materials as required by site and approved by the Site Superintendent;
- Prepares quantity take-offs for concrete orders etc., as required;
- Maintains all concrete, granular and rental summaries on a daily basis to ensure control of materials and rental items at all times.
- Able to perform general layout and shooting grades using transit/levels;
- Responsible to unlock and secure the project site on a daily basis;
- Ensures work is performed in compliance with Minto’s Health and Safety Program, Occupational Health and Safety Act and WSI Act;
- Attends Health and Safety training as required;
- Ensures employees and trades have the necessary training to perform their work and report workplace hazards/injuries to promptly;
- Ensure all new workers receive a workplace specific Health and Safety Orientation;
- All other duties with the scope, spirit and purpose of the role as requested by Management;
Basics of Supervision is an asset
Journeyman certificate or postsecondary diploma/engineering degree in a related discipline.
A minimum of two to five years (2-5) of previous work experience.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and Outlook)
- SAP knowledge or experience will be considered an asset
- Ability to understand and read construction drawings
- Strong communication skills (listening, verbal and written)
- Interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Team player
- Sense of humor
- Dependable and reliable
- Excellent time management and problem solving
- Organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong Team Player
Minto is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live, including those with disabilities. Should you require accommodation or support in any aspect of our recruitment and selection process, we will work with you to meet your needs.