As an Assistant Manager you are expected to follow the coaching and operational lead of your Store Manager. In the Store Manager’s absence, you are expected to lead the sales and operational performance of your store and staff through active coaching, interactive team selling, facilitation of a cohesive and safe work environment, and control of all operations. This includes, but is not limited to, the following expectations:
Sales and Service:
- Greet and interact with customers in a friendly and professional manner, including professional telephone courtesy.
- Demonstrate the benchmark retail selling, custom, and tuxedo rental techniques. Continuously encourage and participate in team selling.
- In the absence of the Store Manager, appropriately rotate customers among store selling personnel.
- Assist selling personnel by helping them achieve statistical and volume goals set by the Store Manager. Participate in setting and monitoring your personal sales and statistical goals.
- Coach, observe and facilitate the selling process with all retail, custom and rental customers when you are the manager on duty. Strive to interact with all customers entering your store. This includes being introduced into sales appropriately and performing exit interviews when you are the manager on duty, to ensure customer satisfaction as customers leave the store.
- Assist the Store Manager in guiding selling staff and selling support staff to understand the wardrobe needs of our customers, expand customers' awareness to their entire wardrobe needs, show customers appropriate product to meet those needs, and strive to build long-term, quality relationships with customers.
- Ensure all store employees timely follow through on all commitments made to our customers.
- When the Store Manager is not available, become involved in all customer complaints, returns, exchanges, and return for alterations that occur while you are in the store. Ensure all customer complaints are resolved immediately and to the best possible satisfaction of our customers, while working within the parameters of Company policy and the needs of your business.
- Monitor and react to merchandise needs. Know scale levels for your store and recommend changes where needed. Ensure price changes, markdowns and sale set-up are completed accurately and on time, including but not limited to ensuring that all product is properly ticketed, matches the POS and matches any and all pertinent signage at all times.
- Complete, apply and model all provided management and sales training.
- Learn and demonstrate proficiency of all store operations systems, including but not limited to Oracle, POS, WFM and Loop communications, along with all operations processes and procedures.
- Ensure all employees adhere to all Company policies as outlined in the Employee Handbook and/or all Company practices and procedures.
- Demonstrate proficiency and ensure compliance with all aspects of the tuxedo rental operations and ensure that all sales support staff execute properly all areas of tuxedo rental operations. Attend Bridal shows in your market when needed.
- Ensure all sales, returns, and exchanges are recorded electronically and all customer information is recorded correctly.
- Secure all Company assets according to procedures. Ensure proper deposit of all money received on Company’s behalf, and properly and timely deposit in bank on a daily basis. Secure your store through proper closing, alarm procedures and timely response to alarm calls.
- Properly control inventory by following all regional standards for reporting stock counts and inventory discrepancies to Store Manager.
- Ensure your store is properly prepared for and participate in all inventories.
- Record all merchandise transfer discrepancies and address with the Inventory Control Department, the Merchandise Department and your Store Manager.
- Assist in receiving shipments and putting away new merchandise.
- Respond timely and appropriately to all requests and directives from the corporate office and your Regional Manager and Zone VP.
- Complete any other tasks assigned by the Store Manager, Regional Manager, or Zone VP.
- Maintain your own timecard as an accurate reflection of your time worked, including clocking in and out for appropriate meal periods. Ensure that store staff does the same.
Team Based Work Environment
- Adhere to all Company policies as outlined in the Employee Handbook and/or all Company practices and procedures.
- Serve as a role model to all store team members and provide enthusiastic motivational leadership. Project a positive attitude and friendly demeanor.
- Continuously observe the work performance of your team and, in the manager’s absence, supply immediate feedback to all employees when expectations are not met and positive reinforcement when they are. Communicate regularly with the Store Manager on observed performance so that the Store Manager can accurately evaluate employee performance.
- In the Store Manager’s absence, address employee performance concerns and disciplinary issues within your store. Communicate these concerns to the Store Manager in a timely manner, in order for the Store Manager to provide follow up as needed.
- Comply with all safety guidelines.
- Regularly communicate with and update Store Manager on all store matters and carry out all requests and directives. In the Store Manager’s absence, communicate with Regional Manager on all such matters. Bring to the attention of the RM or the Human Resources Department any concerns or complaints (whether stated or observed) arising under the Anti-Discrimination and Harassment policy and no retaliation policy.
- Maintain a clean and neat store.
- Take an active role in weekly staff meetings at your store. Attend all zone and store meetings, training courses and store inventory.
- Portray a professional, well-groomed appearance and maintain good personal hygiene.
- Practice and adhere to good store and individual health and safety etiquette for ourselves, our teams and customers.
Physical and Mental Requirements
- Interpret, follow and execute detailed instructions. Learn, apply and retain Company policies and procedures; merchandise and selling information.
- Solve employee and customer problems containing numerous variables and be able to relay sensitive or complex information and obtain consensus from diverse groups.
- Communicate clearly and professionally all written and verbal instructions with coworkers and customers.
- Thrive in a fast-paced and competitive team sales environment.
- Read, count and write to accurately complete documentation and inventory. Carry out simple addition, subtraction, multiplication and division or be able to perform these with a calculator.
- Bend down and squat to locate and pick up merchandise located at ground level and to assist customers put on shoes; bend down and crouch to mark pants for alterations. Climb a ladder to reach merchandise and or supplies located above shoulder level.
- Lift arms and reach over the head to hang or take merchandise off racks or place on customer.
- Operate a computer and cash register, including manual tasks such as reaching across the counter to exchange monies with customer, grasping, pulling, pushing, and folding merchandise to wrap customer purchases.
- Stand and walk for the majority of work shift, sometimes as long as twelve hours per day, five or sometimes six days per week.
- Frequent (at least 2/3 of the work day) bending and twisting at neck and waist, crouching and squatting, reaching above and below shoulder height, grasping, pulling, pushing and fine manipulation with both hands, lifting up to 50 lbs.
- See and distinguish between fabric patterns and colors.
- Work at least 40 hours per week, which may include working any of the hours the store is in operation, at least two closing shifts per week, Saturdays, and six days per week during peak periods.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Locations: 00038 Edmonton North 12222-137th Avenue Edmonton T5L4X5
Job: Store Management
Location: 00038 Edmonton North
CA, Edmonton, AB
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: Multiple Locations