This position is based in the Greater Toronto Area (Mississauga & North Etobicoke) with regular monthly travel to Halifax
Meet Lowe’s Canada, a team of more than 28,000 employees across the country who all share the same purpose: to help people love where they live. Our associates demonstrate this commitment every day by constantly seeking to satisfy their customers and by putting their heart into making a difference in the communities we serve.
Our home improvement family operates or services more than 630 corporate and affiliated dealer stores. With a distinctive product and service offering and complementary store formats ranging from neighborhood hardware stores to big box stores, our Lowe’s, RONA, Reno-Depot, Dick’s Lumber, Contractor First, and Ace banners are always looking for dedicated associates to help meet the needs of all DIYers and contractors.
- Partners with leaders (Market Director & Store Management) in the planning process to ensure strategic plans drive business results, optimize customer service and align with company values. Contributes to the development of people strategies that support business strategies and objectives and help to drive business and organizational performance. Support and influence key operational and strategic decisions.
- Understands the general business conditions that affect the industry, functions and geographical regions while staying current on the research and trends within HR to present an informed point of view.
- Serves as an advocate for business leaders and managers.
- When in store/field, partners with site leadership to engage and coach associates on the floor to promote a customer service culture
- Leverages human capital expertise to advise and hold sites accountable for sustaining engagement action plans (e.g., by suggesting tactics, acting as a sounding board, and reviewing and approving actions plans within assigned area)
- Provides input to HR COE’s (Centers of Excellence) regarding specific functional strategies, programs, and practices to ensure that they meet business needs.
- Identifies development solutions and provides consulting to leaders on how to effectively accelerate the development of associates (i.e. exposure events, project assignments, coaching, etc.
- Participates in the needs analysis for site people leaders to ensure consistent quality of leadership within the market and region. Organizing the market to promote effective succession, development and assignment of key talent.
Coaching & Change Management
- Promotes high-performance from Store Manager and Assistant Store Managers through coaching, constructive and honest regular feedback, and the annual performance evaluation process
- Provides guidance, coaching, and consultation regarding leading people and organizational management practices to develop site people leaders
- As a member of the leadership team, encourages associates and people leaders to embrace new philosophies, technologies, and company initiatives.
- Leads talent assessment and development discussions with site leaders leveraging program, approach, and template guidelines provided by HR COEs.
- Coach leaders on change management strategies and resistance management techniques in accordance with the Lowe’s change management methodology
- Identifies where inconsistent communications or messaging may appear unclear and ensure expected results.
- Labor relations committee attendance and support (2 stores in Halifax are unionized)
- Interpretation of Collective Agreement
- Manage grievances
- Manage Litigations on terminations, grievances,
- Presence management (Attendance)
- Terminations – promotions – demotions in alignment with legal statutes and policies
- Writing disciplinary measures letters in collaboration with the manager.
- Reviews and approves all corrective action reports and performance improvement plan documents.
Other important tasks
- Performance evaluation support with Market Director
- Salary increases + Bonus time
- Recruitment needs assessment for Store Managers and Assistant Store Managers
- Other related tasks as assigned.
Travel is required and expected in this role. Must have access to a dependable vehicle to travel between locations within your portfolio. Frequent air travel required (Monthly).
### Exigences du poste
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor’s degree in industrial relations, human resources management or related field;
- 3 to 5 years of experience in a similar position. Experience in a unionized environment is an asset
- Be available for daily travel in assigned geographic market (by car);
- Be dynamic and have team spirit;
- Show great autonomy;
- Show judgment, initiative and discretion;
- Good adaptability and ability to manage priorities;
- Be customer and action oriented,
- Ability to analyze and lead to problem solving;
- Ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders of all levels of the organization;
- Ability to build relationships of trust and influence;
- Ability to manage multiple files simultaneously;
The masculine gender is used in this text for the sake of readability. This form indicates the general nature and level of work performed by employees with this job title. It is not designed to contain nor should it be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of all employees with this title.