MVA Stratford Inc. is an injection moulding company with a focus on manufacturing and supplying parts to the automotive industry. Located in beautiful Stratford, Ontario and family-owned since 2010, MVA is enjoying rapid growth, quickly becoming a top-performing tier two automotive supplier. MVA Stratford is passionate about producing high-quality materials for our customer base, as well as creating a positive, safe, and healthy work environment for all team members.
Under the direction of the Production Control Manager, the Production Planner organizes production according to demand and quality standards, and ensures goods are produced on time for distribution in a profitable manner.
- Analyze customer requirements in ERP system and schedule production jobs to most efficiently meet orders
- Issue a machine and manpower schedule to the production department
- Determine weekly manpower requirements
- Monitor production output to ensure targets are being met
- Communicate scheduling updates effectively with the PC and Production departments
- Apply lean material flow methodology to new processes
- Assist with the flow of Kanbans and labels to necessary areas of the plant
- Coordinate preventative maintenance schedules with the maintenance department
- Plan for and calculate future machine capacities relating to new business
- 5+ years experience within the automotive industry
- Previous experience in a production planning role
- Proficient in ERP systems & Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Inventory reconciliation experience
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing principles
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Toyota Production System experience is an asset
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Highly detail-oriented with proven time management and organizational skills
- Ability to focus, multi-task and meet deadlines
- Team player who works productively with a wide range of people
- Proven ability to work well under pressure
Why MVA Stratford?
- Growing organization with a “promote from within” initiative
- Family atmosphere where employees are valued and developed
- Healthcare and dental benefits, plus Health Care Spending Account
- 3% RSP employer-matched contribution
MVA Stratford Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and is committed to equity and diversity. If you require any accommodation assistance throughout any part of the recruitment and selection process, please send an email to resumes @mvastratford.ca. Let us know the nature of your request and your contact information, and we will be happy to assist you.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Job Type: Full-time
- Production Planning/Scheduling: 1 year (Required)
- Automotive Industry: 5 years (Required)