You’re an experienced licensed mechanic who’s worked with a broad range of equipment, ready to take on your next challenge.
You’re dreaming of working in a successful and progressive business, looking to manage your own fleet of vehicles and a variety of equipment.
You want to work with great people. People who work hard as individuals and also lend a hand to help each other, in a diverse and vibrant environment.
If that sounds like the type of role you’ve been aiming for in your career, we can’t wait to meet you.
Your main goal in this position is to provide quality and timely service to our fleet of vehicles and equipment while ensuring our company can carry out our work requirements as scheduled.
You’ll ensure efficient fleet maintenance and repairs, safety and compliance, establish a preventative maintenance schedule, order parts and handle all aspects of daily operations. You’ll train, oversee, and lead our apprentice mechanic.
Ensuring that repairs and maintenance costs are within budget will be important in your role. You’ll need to be on the front end, repairing vehicles and equipment as needed while avoiding external services. You’re also someone who is comfortable managing the shop and can hit the ground running.
Practically speaking, you will:
- Manage and oversee Apprentice Mechanic in accordance with company policies and procedures
- Establish and maintain a preventative maintenance schedule for all equipment and vehicles
- General maintenance and repair of vehicles and a variety of equipment
- Keep maintenance record and documentation in our fleet software program
- Perform routine preventative maintenance service to vehicles and equipment
Perform emergency service to vehicles and equipment
- Advise field staff and management of the proper and safe use of vehicles and equipment
- Ensure shop/repair facility is maintained in a safe manner and is clean and tidy at all times
- Ensure that maintenance costs are within budget
Our best fleet mechanics are entrepreneurial people, with the spirit to get the job done. They have a strong work ethic, are dependable and open to suggestions or ideas from the team. They are role models, looking to develop and lead others to success.
This is a full-time permanent position working 40 or more hours a week with variable shift work depending on the season. You’ll receive a competitive salary between $75,000 - $80,000 commensurate with experience. You’ll also receive medical and dental benefits, a company vehicle and smart phone, 3 weeks’ vacation to start.
We are a successful and growing company located in the west end of the GTA.
We want the person who joins us to be dedicated and passionate – someone who will grow with the company, and who can envision themselves working with us for a long time. Our working environment is both supportive and team oriented – we’re always dedicated to providing opportunities for long term growth and development for our loyal staff.
- Licensed mechanic
- Experience supporting management decision making
- Experience working within the requirements of a health and safety minded environment
- 3+ years of experience in mechanics or fleet maintenance
- Valid clean Ontario driver’s license
- Experience troubleshooting various problems on vehicles and equipment
- A full set of tools in good condition, for your own use
- Ability to lift and move up to 50 pounds
How to Apply;
Our online application will give you the option to apply to this role as a complete person – not just a resume. The application will assess your qualifications, personality traits and workplace preferences, and should take 10 to 15 minutes to complete. After submitting, you'll receive an email inviting you to log in and view your assessment results.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us using the “Help” button
We will review applications, with priority given to those who have completed the assessment, and look forward to hearing from you.