Prime Engineering is looking for a motivated, energetic Business Development Representative with a strong background and understanding of power systems and distribution. This is a great opportunity to join a dynamic company in the growing industry of electrical power and distribution systems.
With a reputation for customer service excellence, Prime Engineering specializes in taking on unique challenges and delivering creative independent power solutions across BC. Our experienced staff deliver top quality electrical engineering and field services with a focus on the supply, design and commissioning of electrical projects.
If you thrive in a fast-moving environment, like working independently on challenging and diverse projects, and want to work within a culture that values creative problem solving, you’ll love working at Prime.
Prime Engineering is a full-service electrical engineering firm based in Victoria, BC, specializing in medium and high voltage equipment design, commissioning, power systems, electrical, and control system designs. Our staff consists of engineers, electricians, technicians, drafters and designers.
We provide our customers with:
- Power System Protection and Electrical Designs
- Control and Automation System Designs
- Power System Studies: Load Flow, Coordination, Short Circuit, Arc Flash, motor starting and Ground Grid
- Acceptance and Maintenance Testing and Commissioning
- Project Quality Assurance Programs
In addition, we manufacture and supply unit substations, electrical switchgear and control panels by integrating only the highest quality and industry proven equipment and manufacturers into our designs.
Primary responsibility is to maintain/promote existing clientele and pursue new business opportunities. This position is intended to investigate, recommend and develop new business opportunities and meet the sales quotas outlined by the Business Development Manager (BD Manager).
Responsible for strategic planning and development of business proposals (quotes).
This position may require frequent travel on a regular basis throughout North America.
- Represent Prime Engineering Limited in a positive way both internally and externally
- Work to achieve overall company goals
- Foster teamwork
- Keep up-to-speed with economic trends and company outlook to highlight key market opportunities
- Keep abreast of related industry matters through third party resources and networks
- Recommend business development plan budgets
- Communicate sales opportunities outside the scope of this position to the BD Manager
Sales and Marketing
- Achieve sales quota as outlined by BD Manager
- Achieve new client sales expectations as outlined by BD Manager
- Create job/project proposals as required for new opportunities
- Responsible for sales of:
- High Voltage Maintenance
- Z32 testing – patient care areas
- Infra-red scanning
- Load surveys
- Transformer and unit substations
- Switchgear sales
- Engineering Studies (Arc Flash, coordination, Short Circuit)
- Initiate job opening procedures (for successful projects)
- Develop, present and implement new business plans to BD Manager
- Negotiate terms and conditions for contractual agreements
- Business travel as required to meet requirements of this position; travel must be approved by BD Manager
- Present monthly sales reports to BD Manager and General Manager, including backlog and forecasting
- Review business development budget with BD Manger on a monthly basis and with General Manager on a quarterly basis
- Update company contact list
- Responsible for reviewing company brochures and marketing materials for accuracy and applicability
- Coordination of sales and marketing activities
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
- Capable of assuming responsibility and exercising independent judgement
- Aligns business development activities to Prime’s strategic goals
- Translates client/customer intelligence into tangible specifications for Prime’s offerings
- Analyzes business and competitive intelligence data to identify existing and new business opportunities; correlates findings with Prime’s solutions
- Identifies partners’ short and long-term needs and requirements in the product/ service development pipeline
- Tracks and communicates client and/or partner organizations’ changes/trends to senior management and clients
- Able to identify advantages and disadvantages of Prime vs. the competition
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with tenacity to resolve issues in a timely manner
- Effective time management skills with the ability to multi-task under strict deadlines
- Able to adapt quickly to changing work demands without compromising accuracy and quality of work
- Outstanding Client Service
- Self-motivated, demonstrated initiative with a strong sense of urgency
- Ability to work effectively in a multidisciplinary team and interact with staff at various levels of the organization
- BSc, Electrical Engineering or previous experience as electrician or in power distribution
- 2-5 years of related experience
- Valid driver’s license
- Proficient in all MS Office programs
- High-level communication skills
- Stakeholder management skills
- Proven ability to negotiate
- Experience with design and implementation of business development strategy
- Conflict resolution
- The ability to self-motivate
- Experience working to and exceeding targets
Measures of Performance:
- Success in identifying, advancing, and closing sales opportunities (measured by volume of completed sales)
- Customer satisfaction
- Adherence to Prime safety and training requirements
Job Type: Full-time
- Electrical / Power Distribution: 2 years (Preferred)