The Pet Cancer Fund is a Vancouver-based organization whose mission is to increase the life expectancy and improve the quality of life of pets diagnosed with cancer.
Estimates suggest the number of dogs and cats developing cancer every year is 12 million; roughly 6x the number of humans getting cancer yearly within North America.
As we set out to create an array of information resources intended to improve the outcome of pets diagnosed with cancer we need the assistance of experienced Information Technology professionals.
That’s where and how you can help us.
We are looking for a volunteer IT Operations Manager to oversee our organization’s hardware, software and computer networks.
The IT Operations Manager responsibilities include monitoring network infrastructure and resolving system issues. You must have experience with IT performance management, network administration and system security. If you’re also familiar with data protection regulations and able to juggle multiple projects, we’d like to meet you.
Ultimately, you’ll ensure our IT systems are secure, consistent and reliable.
- Building, managing and leading a team of highly motivated systems administrators.
- Collaborating with other IT teams and business managers to ensure the timely delivery of consistent and predictable production services.
- Providing ongoing assessment, analysis and continuous improvement to the technological tools to elevate program effectiveness and efficiencies towards user goals.
- Maintain essential IT operations, including all AWS, Pantheon or on-premise hosted, communication and collaborations tools, applications, email systems and software.
- Performing project management activities and delivering infrastructure projects on time and on budget as per expected quality levels.
- Ensuring that all established IT department processes and procedures are followed by team members e.g. change and incident management processes.
- Manage installations, upgrades and configurations of hardware and software.
- Assess system performance and recommend improvements.
- Ensure data is handled, transferred or processed according to legal and Foundation guidelines
- Provide support and guidance to stakeholders via help desk
- Develop IT policies and practices.
Skills and Qualifications
- Proven experience as IT Operations Manager
- Experience with system installation, configuration and analysis
- Thorough knowledge of networks and cloud computing
- Must have strong customer focused skills.
- Must be able to coach, guide and develop team members to achieve the best performance of the team.
- Possesses a services and solution orientated approach.
- Leadership and organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Outstanding communication skills
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, IT or relevant field
You have 3-5 years of experience in similar roles and have the highest of standards, taking great pride in your work. Further, you are extremely detail-oriented and proud of being a perfectionist when it comes to your projects.
We hope to find that special person that not only loves animals, but one that recognizes how important their gift of talent/experience and their service will make to the many pet owners and families just wanting another good day with their beloved pet.
- This position can be done virtually from anywhere in Canada or the United States
- Expectations regarding a time commitment are in the range of 8-10 hours per week on average
- This is a volunteer position that could potentially lead into other roles within the organization
- We’d like this position to be filled and start as soon as we find the right candidate for the role
Job Types: Part-time, Casual
Pay: $0.00 per hour