Central City is a craft brewery in the business of developing and selling international award-winning premium craft beer and high quality distilled spirits brewed without compromise. Based in Surrey, British Columbia, CCBD was voted Canada Best Brewery of the Year in 2010 and 2012. Its Red Racer brand has become a cult icon among craft beer enthusiasts throughout North America. Founded in 2003 as a brewpub and liquor store in downtown Surrey, CCBD celebrated its 10th anniversary in 2013 with the grand opening of a brand new, 68,000 sq.ft brewery and distillery on Bridgeview Drive. It opened a second restaurant in downtown Vancouver, Red Racer Restaurant on Beatty Street in 2015.
This role is primarily responsible for filling packaging orders and the daily operation of supporting equipment across all packaging lines including bottle line, can line, and keg line, along with general cleanup and sanitation duties.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Follow the production schedule to ensure orders are met on time and in the proper packaging materials
- Efficiently operate all equipment at the bottle, keg and can lines including but not limited to bottle labeler, place packer, case sealer, bulk glass depalletizer, box shop equipment, can carton packer, can tray packer, bulk can depalletizer, keg line supporting equipment, palletizer, conveyance, packaging code printers, and package inspection equipment
- Moving packaging inventory.
- Accurately track and report supplies used and beer packaged as required.
- Extensive cleaning and sanitizing of the equipment
- Report any quality issue to the QA Technician and/or Manager.
- Utilize mechanical and troubleshooting capabilities to tune equipment, clean equipment, and maintain equipment so minimal downtime is accrued.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to pick up and stack 35 lb cases for a sustained period.
- Must be able to pull hoses, bend down and clamp hoses under tanks and lift empty kegs.
- Ability to continuously stand or walk.
- Ability to bend, squat, climb stairs and lift frequently
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally
- While performing the duties of this position, the worker is exposed to inside environmental conditions, high and low temperatures, noise, potential for physical injury, exposure to hot fluids, pressurized vessels and transfer lines, strong odors, chemicals, and moving machinery.
- Prior bottling / canning experience.
- Prior experience in production brewery setting.
- Demonstrable passion for craft beer.
- Forklift certified desirable
- Excellent time management, and ability to multi-task.
- Ability to follow detailed instructions and procedures.
- Knowledge of supplies, equipment, and/or services ordering and inventory control.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Good understanding of quality assurance / quality control and problem-solving skills and to troubleshoot any beer related issues.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.00 /hour
- Packaging: 1 year (Required)