SALES & SERVICE CO-ORDINATOR
REPORTS TO GENERAL MANAGER
Passion Drives Performance. InnVest succeeds because our people love what we do. Our entire team shares a deep-rooted passion for the world of hospitality & travel that extends far beyond the walls of our offices and locations.
Our company culture is built on collaboration. A nimble team where everyone has a voice at the table and an opportunity to pursue their passions. Our skillsets are as diverse as our portfolio, but we all have a singular focus: a belief that partnerships deliver the best results, an entrepreneurial approach to decision making, respect for others, a strong sense of integrity and a curiosity to challenge the status quo.
With 81 hotels in our portfolio, representing 18 internationally recognized hotel brands, InnVest is the largest independent owner of hotels in Canada. In addition, our management team oversees the day-to-day activities of almost 70 hotels also making InnVest the largest independent operator of hotels in Canada. InnVest’s portfolio is geographically diverse with hotels from Vancouver, BC to Corner Brook, NF but also experientially diverse from Roadside inns to luxury urban properties.
At InnVest, our mission is simple – to deliver outstanding guest experiences and superior returns on quality hospitality investment. A career at InnVest will provide you with unrivalled opportunities and invaluable exposure to Canada’s largest independently-owned and operated hotel portfolio.
The Sales & Service Co-ordinator is responsible to achieve hotel revenue, profit and customer satisfaction goals by prospecting, negotiating, and servicing sales controllable transient and group segments, while coordinating the successful execution of the business with the accounts, and other departments. In addition, this position will work hands on with the Guest Service team and work as Manager on Duty on property as required maintaining high standards of quality, guest and employee satisfaction.
The duties and responsibilities for the Sales & Service Co-ordinator include, but are not limited to the following:
- Participates as a member of the front desk team, performing the role of guest service representative, and Manager on Duty as scheduled
- Supports General Manager and Front Office Manager in driving BAR, Upsell, Enrollment, and Vision Excellence incentives, and Medallia initiatives
- Works with the General Manager on maintaining and growing accounts, while building strong relationships that can lead to repeat business and referrals.
- In collaboration with General Manager, participates in the formulation and execution of the sales quarterly action and annual sales plans
- Responds quickly and accurately to business requests (adhering to hotel rate structure, payment policies, and procedures) to confirm in a friendly manner. Follows up to ensure guest satisfaction and facilitate re-bookings
- Promptly send proposals, contracts and other sales correspondence and maintains all account files in both hard copy and electronically, in Choice Advantage, and CRM.
- Accountable for accuracy of room blocks and reservations. Input group rooming lists using reservation systems, revise room blocks to maintain the required number of available rooms, and keep organized files of all groups. Set-up proper billing accounts according to Accounting policies.
- Achieves weekly sales activity quotas to meet hotel and sales controllable revenue goals, and drive new business through telephone, cold calls, and internet prospecting, backyard drive arounds, and sales calls
- Participates in on-site visits to promote guest room and meeting room sales.
- Represents the hotel at community events and through participation in committees and functions as required.
- Works closely with all departments to ensure successful events from start to finish.
- Collaborates with peers and associates in creating and executing continuous improvement plans that focus on creating permanent process enhancements and/or enhanced services/products.
- Participates in breakfast ambassador and guest reception rotation/shifts as assigned.
- Provides a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
- Coordinates, tracks and executes the distribution of all gift certificates.
- Prepare sales and revenue reports and attend regular sales meetings
- Follows company policies and procedures.
- Other opportunities & tasks as assigned.
COMPETENCIES WE ARE SEEKING:
- Minimum 2 years hospitality supervisory experience
- Previous Sales or co-ordinator experience an asset
- Ability to keep all sales department information fully confidential
- Ability to deal with all levels of management, staff and owners in a professional manner;
- Strong communication skills, both oral & written.
- Proficient / familiarity with computerized systems;
- Ability to work within deadlines;
- Proven ability to manage multi-tasked assignments;
- Familiarity with hotel operations an asset.
- Will be required to work a variety of days, evenings, weekends, and holidays
InnVest Hotels is an inclusive employer. As such, we welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We appreciate all applications, however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time