Who are we?
Our company, a logistic management, distribution and warehousing enterprise is expanding and requires the right person to join their team and contribute to the on-going success of their operation. We are looking for a knowledgeable and experienced Fleet Coordinator.
What is the role?
Works under the direction of the AVP-Logistics and with health and safety and customer service a priority. The Fleet Coordinator is responsible for preventive maintenance program, fleet/equipment maintenance and coordination of efforts for records and fleet/inventory control management.
The designated employee, among other assigned responsibilities, will perform the following principal tasks:
- Ensure daily, weekly and monthly maintenance reports and preventative maintenance goals are met ensuring that safe and reliable vehicles are available each day to meet operational requirements;
- Oversee all work performed by repair vendors;
- Responsible for safety orientation, safety training, job site inspections and reporting;
- Maintain awareness of amendments to the Workplace Safety and Health Act and Regulations, and make recommendations for their implementation;
- Perform job site safety compliance inspections including hazard analysis, safe work procedures, written reports and recommendations;
- Responsible for monitoring adherence to the company safety program by all TransPlus employees and subcontractors;
- Research, plan, and organize training programs/seminars for TransPlus supervisors and field employees, with regard to WHMIS, Fall Protection, Orientation, Personal Protection Equipment, CPR/First Aid, industry specific related issues, etc.;
- Coordinate the activities of other occupational safety personnel within one or more divisions and departments, if appropriate;
- Plan, design, develop, implement, and evaluate departmental occupational safety programs;
- Provide guidance to field personnel via safety briefings;
- Provide advice and counsel to management and other employee groups on a broad range of occupational safety issues and decisions;
- Design safety standards to conform to industry standards and federal, provincial and local regulations;
- Coordinate inspections, investigations, and occupational safety activities with departments;
- Research occupational safety information to assure the best available methods and equipment are adopted to minimize the hazards in the work place;
- Advise on improvements in tracking and reporting procedures;
- Provide training to managers and others on occupational safety issues;
- Ensure the timely completion of accident/injury reporting to the management;
- Direct and review the analysis of accident and injury data, identifying the needs for new or modified occupational safety programs.
- File fleet work orders and maintenance forms;
- Update GPS records;
- Build fleet and maintain records;
- Assist with insurance claims;
- Perform additional assignments per direct manager's direction.
- College Diploma;
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in similar role;
- Valid AZ Class License;
- Safety Certification (Asset);
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment;
- Effective communication skills: Bilingual French and English written and verbal;
- Willingness to work independently with minimal supervision and the required hours to complete job requirements;
- Accountable, dependable, organized, with strong integrity;
- Proficiency with computer systems, including Microsoft Office and Truckmate;
- Group insurance benefits (Healthcare & Dentalcare)
- Group RRSP
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid personal days
- Newly Renovated offices
- Free parking
- Growth oriented company
Job Type: Full-time
- Fleet maintenance: 3 years (Preferred)
- Safety & Conformity: 3 years (Preferred)
- Logistics/Trucking: 3 years (Preferred)