Applications are invited for a Sharepoint Solution Architect + Designer to be responsible for the architecture, administration, design, implementation and support of SharePoint online and the M365 environment primarily used for collaboration and communication purposes. This role works closely with internal IT Services unit teams and key stakeholders across the University.
The SharePoint Architect plays a critical role in defining and delivering innovative web-oriented solutions utilizing Microsoft SharePoint environment and other M365 applications. The Architect translates university requirements into solutions to improve collaboration and productivity by automating workflows. Lastly, this role leads the integration of SharePoint with various ECU enterprise applications, systems, and platforms. This is a hands-on solution architect role which involves managing the entire lifecycle of the services from design and configuration to support. This role is also responsible for identifying and exploring various aspects of M365 requiring integration into the SharePoint environment to support end to end workflows.
Permanent Full-Time Position
8:30am to 4:30pm / Monday to Friday
Pay Grade M ($66,626 to $71,329 per annum)
Some Typical Duties:
- Administers and supports SharePoint Online, Office 365 apps and related technologies including MS Teams, OneDrive, PowerApps, Shifts, power BI and others in an enterprise environment, including governance, security, monitoring, and reporting.
- Leads client workshops, technical design and development, evaluation and troubleshooting of functional design and system architecture, component and framework programming, as well as playing a key role in the technical decision process.
- Develops SharePoint Online to maintain and enhance the collaboration site architecture for supporting department/unit sites, project sites, committee sites and related workflows.
- Shapes the strategy, architecture, methodology, implementation roadmap and standards for delivering solutions with SharePoint and other M365 apps.
- Implements SharePoint system solutions, including programming backend and frontend components to extend the SharePoint environment/system capabilities.
- Develops and presents conceptual and functional innovation prototypes for assessment and evaluation.
- Keeps current with Microsoft updates to M365 products and communicate those changes to key people in the organization.
- Monitors site growth and manages solutions to ensure adherence to Microsoft’s recommended configuration.
- Maintains current knowledge of best practices in the use of SharePoint online and related apps, and shares this knowledge with departmental contacts.
- Provides technical governance and security for the SharePoint environments.
- Performs regular permissions audits and implements necessary corrections to align with SharePoint best practices and updated Active Directory configuration.
- Configures and manages all Microsoft 365-related applications including Search, Managed Metadata, User Profile Synchronization, etc.
- Identifies opportunities and recommends products and solutions to improve the security, reliability and efficiency of the SharePoint infrastructure.
- Assists with creation and maintenance of SharePoint policy and procedure documentation.
- Plans and designs application infrastructure, collaborates with system administrators, and coordinates with infrastructure teams for server, storage, and network setup.
- Collects user requirements and directs the SharePoint configuration, design, redesign, installation, migration, and maintenance processes associated with databases and resources.
- Configures connectivity services for connecting to a database or service and configures Microsoft 365-related service applications.
- Develops a shared support model and identifies and trains SharePoint site ‘super-users’ in sponsoring departments and promotes adoption by users.
- Trains and supports users of the SharePoint sites and explains the effects of design and changes to users.
- Performs other related duties as required.