Why join us?
Are you looking to join a dynamic pension plan that embodies the strong values of its 500,000 members and is an industry leading global investor? If so, we would love to tell you our story.At OMERS we put our people first and are proud to embrace the diversity of thought and leadership that comes from having locations in Toronto, London, New York, Singapore, Sydney and other major cities across North America and Europe. Our culture is truly one of a kind. We get stuff done, and have fun doing it! We take great pride in contributing to the communities where we live with an ever-constant eye to the global investment markets.
We are looking for highly motivated individuals to join our Products & Technology team in Toronto in a rotational role of Business and Quality Assurance Analyst. You will be part of growing a product development team to deliver new and existing products and services for OMERS members, employers and other stakeholders.
The Products & Technology team is an exciting new team focused on leveraging the newest technologies and approaches to deliver solutions & systems for the modern-day end user. Our primary focus and commitment is to provide real value and we encourage innovation and empower open-thinking for all our team members. We’re excited for the opportunity to have highly driven and impactful talent join our team!
As a member of this team, you will be responsible for:
- This position is for Fall 2020, with a 4 month term
To succeed in this role, you have:
- Engaging business clients to elicit business requirements and understand objectives
- Conducting gap analysis to propose process improvements and convert business requirements into user stories, use cases and test cases
- Documenting business requirements by understanding current state and future state using Agile methodologies
- Working with team members to recommend and develop solutions for identified business requirements
- Managing stakeholders’ expectations throughout the requirement gathering phase
- Developing, modifying, and executing test scripts
- Running comparison testing to ensure business language and business procedures are documented as per business requirements
- Working collaboratively in an agile team with other QA Analysts, Business Analysts, Developers, UI/UX Designers, Product Owners and Scrum Masters
- Currently enrolled in a University or College program in the field of Computer Science, Engineering or Mathematics preferred, other University programs in information systems discipline will be considered
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal and communication skills with strong consulting and problem solving ability
- A strong willingness and independent attitude in learning new things
- The ability to adapt to a dynamic and evolving software development team environment
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills
- Strong attention to detail and a focus on accuracy
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to think out of the box
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to share and exchange ideas with your team members and management
- Knowledge of System Development Life Cycle and development methodologies. Knowledge of financial or pension system will be an asset.
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills, specifically Excel and Word
- Willingness to be a team player
- Knowledge in Java is an asset
ABOUT OMERS Founded in 1962, OMERS is one of Canada’s largest defined benefit pension plans, with $109 billion in net assets as at December 31, 2019. OMERS is a jointly-sponsored pension plan, with 1,000 participating employers ranging from large cities to local agencies, and over half a million active, deferred and retired members. OMERS members include union and non-union employees of municipalities, school boards, local boards, transit systems, electrical utilities, emergency services and children’s aid societies across Ontario. Contributions to the Plan are funded equally by members and employers. OMERS teams work in Toronto, London, New York, Amsterdam, Luxembourg, Singapore, Sydney and other major cities across North America and Europe – serving members and employers and originating and managing a diversified portfolio of high-quality investments in public markets, private equity, infrastructure and real estate. OMERS is committed to having a workforce that reflects the communities in which we live and work. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a barrier-free recruitment and selection process. At OMERS inclusion and diversity means belonging. How we create a sense of belonging is through our employees and our vast network of Employee Resource Groups. Whether you are passionate about gender, pride, or visible minorities, we have groups that are focused on making a difference in all of our lives.