STS Ltd. invites applications for the following position:
STS Ltd. is looking for a full-time Automation Technician. The incumbent will be primarily responsible for completing HMI and PLC Programming, machine commissioning on manufacturing equipment and panel design. Travel within North and South America will be required. Industrial Electricians with a strong background in Controls will also be considered.
- Participate in line start-ups and monitoring machine performance.
- Assemble, fit and install pre-fabricated parts and sub-assemblies to form completed systems (including mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic) according to engineering data.
- Interpret electrical schematics and process flow drawings involving blueprints and PLC’s.
- Draw, modify or design electrical schematics in AutoCad format for any equipment changes.
- Provide technical assistance when electrical or mechanical problems are encountered.
- Build, calibrate, maintain or troubleshoot electrical instruments or equipment
- Install and maintain electrical control systems.
- Modify electro-mechanical systems to correct functional deviations.
- Complete on sight training support and training to customers.
- Must possess a diploma from an Electromechanical/Electrical Technician Program.
- Must be legally able to work in North and South America and abroad.
- Must have experience with Allen Bradley PLC and HMI platforms.
- Must be experienced and capable of wiring control panels.
- Must be proficient with computer networking and software applications.
- Must have experience in programming VFD drives.
- Must be able to read and interpret electrical schematics.
- Minimum 2 years of experience.
- Minimum 1 year experience working in the Canadian packaging industry.
- All applicants must have a valid Driver’s License.
- Must have knowledge of safe work practices in an industrial environment.
- Networking expertise is an asset.
* To Apply
Send a cover letter indicating your current employment status, transcripts of any post-secondary education, updated resume.
Job Type: Full-time