Air Spray (1967) Ltd. is an aerial fire suppression company who is proud to have been protecting our forests and communities from wildfires for over 50 years. We operate within a 100,000 square foot hangar at the Red Deer Airport, and operate year-round. Our facility is equipped to perform the required maintenance, repairs and avionics for the fleet of aircraft which we own and operate throughout the fire season. In addition, we operate a facility in Chico California servicing our US fleet. Our service excellence is one of the many reasons that we are continually relied upon to protect the environment from the dangers of wildfires.
We are now actively recruiting for a permanent, full-time:
This position is responsible for interpreting specifications, requirements, company standards and Transport Canada regulations.
- Design changes such as airframe modifications, avionics box installations, antenna installations, and various interior modifications.
- Prepare all of the necessary documents; such as specifications, drawings, functional tests and reports.
- Work in collaboration with internal and external personnel on significant technical matters.
- Perform miscellaneous duties as required.
- A degree in Mechanical Engineering (or equivalent experience)
- A working knowledge of Transport Canada regulations
- Experience in aircraft modifications, heavy maintenance and/or completions, required
- Knowledge of aircraft structures and interiors, as well as with aircraft modification / service center
- An extensive expertise in problem solving and have a working knowledge of other disciplines
- The ability to develop technical solutions to complex problems that require the use of ingenuity and creativity
- The ability to interact with other engineers, shop personnel, and others in a collaborative manner
- Must be capable of complete design documentation and assistance in certification efforts, as required
- Experience with the Air Spray line of aircraft (L188 Electra, BAE 146-200, Turbo Commander, Air Tractor etc.) is an asset.
Air Spray provides excellent wages and benefit packages and exceptional opportunity for advancement.
We thank all who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- AVIATION: 3 years (Required)