Longo’s is committed to maintaining an environment where team members have a place to grow and pursue excellence. We are a Canadian, family owned, independent food retailer which has grown and prospered since 1956. Our team members are dedicated to exceeding customer expectations by offering the best food experience to every customer, every time. It is through such commitment that Longo’s now operates over 36 stores along with Grocery Gateway; our online grocery delivery service, is celebrating over 60 years of business and is continuing to grow.
Are you passionate about providing excellent customer service?
Would you love to pursue a career with a company that is recognized as a 50 Best Managed Company and is one of Canada’s 10 most admired corporate cultures?
If so, come join our growing team!
Grocery Gateway Router
Grocery Gateway (225 Rexdale Blvd, Toronto, M9W 1P7)
Sunday – Thursday (AFTERNOONS – 4PM – 12AM)
Shift times may vary during the week
The Router is responsible for the operational efficiency and effectiveness of all Grocery Gateway Drivers and the driver route on a given shift. The incumbent is responsible for ensuring that Driver Routes are completed efficiently and fairly for the daily operations. The router will work closely with the Grocery Gateway Drivers, Supervisors and Delivery Operations Manager to ensure an open and effective line of communication remains between all parties at all times. This role is accountable for a profitable operation by ensuring that the department is prepared for daily operations. This incumbent is a primary liaison between the GG Drivers and, the Call Centre Team, DPS Team Members. Day-to-day responsibilities are carried out with minimal supervision.
What you’ll do:
- Coordinates daily driver routes, and ensures successful execution, to ensure that the appropriate staffing levels are in place at any given time.
- Ensuring routes are properly planned and organized.
- Geo-coding customer orders in routing software.
- Review all routes and orders and complete required tasks to ensure they are set up for delivery in the most efficient way
- Coordinates store to store deliveries and product transfers as requested by Longo’s store operations management.
- Knowledgeable of Roadnet Transportation Suite and Information Centre
- Tracks routes and times, to ensure that maximum route productivity and on-road efficiency is achieved.
Why join our team?
- Competitive wages
- Flexible Hours
- Great Benefits
- Team Member Discounts
- A Culture of teamwork and collaboration
Knowledge, Skills & Competencies
- High school or equivalent.
- 2-3 years of Dispatch or delivery experience an asset, 5-7 years senior driver experience
- Experience with and basic - intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including Excel and Word.
- Strong computer skills required, particularly with the Microsoft Office suite of products.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously while maintaining accuracy and detail.
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills
- Strong initiative ability, excellent work ethic and a sense of urgency
- Ability to work in a high paced time constraint environment
- Strong sense of ownership, drive and enthusiasm
- Must have open availability and be available to be on-call at various hours of the day. Morning, afternoon, evening and weekend work may be required based on business needs.
- Work is performed in a standard warehouse environment
Longo’s is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities throughout the recruitment process and, upon request, will work with qualified job applicants to provide suitable accommodation in a manner that takes into account the applicant’s accessibility needs due to disability.
A qualified job applicant with a disability is one who possesses the required skills, education, experience and training and who can, with reasonable accommodation, perform the essential functions of the position applied for.
If you require accommodation, please contact the Human Resources Coordinator at:
8800 Huntington Road, Vaughan, ON, L4H 3M6