Please include a short introduction to your experiences and interest in the role using the “messages” field of the application. Feel free to be creative and out of the box.
Paddle is a Toronto-based startup that helps employees find new jobs and understand grow careers, all with their current employer. Our product is powered by 440M people's career histories to figure out all of the possible career paths within an enterprise. This helps the employer too, as they try to realign talent in their organizations to their future strategy (plus, a lack of career growth is a top driver for employee attrition).
We are a venture-backed company and have graduated from FoundersFactory (London, UK), Acceleprise (San Francisco), and Ideaboost (Toronto) accelerators.
Our motivation is based on preparing the world for the future of work, and our product is one part of the broader transformation. We are passionate about improving careers.
We are a people-first organization with a strong focus on career growth for our team. We are excited to take on new challenges, we are self-starters, we find solutions (not just problems), we take time to reflect on our performance and give feedback to team members on theirs.
About the role
Paddle is looking for an entrepreneurial Sales Development Representative to join our team. You must be a driven problem solver, identifying potential clients, and building relationships with prospects. You must have impeccable communication skills, as well as the necessary know-how to focus on lead generation and strategic outreach.
This is a quota-carrying role with plenty of ownership and room for growth. You will primarily be responsible for generating qualified opportunities, but you will have the opportunity to remain engaged throughout the full enterprise sales process from prospecting to discovery to close of sale. You will further Paddle’s mission to change the future of work by executing and improving our sales strategy, driving revenue growth, and developing new customers.
What are we looking for?
* You are a relationship builder. You authentically connect with people, build trust and help solve their problems. People feel comfortable around you and enjoy spending time with you.
* You are a storyteller. You are an excellent communicator, you can know how to build a narrative and communicate in-person, over email, in a slide deck or in whatever medium that is best for the listener.
* You are a self-starter. You can context-switch between setting the strategy and implementing it in the same afternoon.
* You can create the content you need to support you in your sales activities—from drafting emails to preparing slide decks or proposals.
* You are resourceful. You can generate lists of great prospects, codify learnings, and quickly understand a company and their business problems, and tailor your communications to those problems.
What are the qualifications?
* 2+ years of experience in SaaS or enterprise sales
* Experience working in a fast-paced, collaborative startup environment
* Demonstrated ability to make data-driven improvements to sales processes and tactics
* Flawless communication skills, both written and oral, with extensive public speaking experience
* Working knowledge of the enterprise software market or the ability to learn new software quickly
* Demonstrated ability to work solo as well as being a productive team member, engaging in outbound activities every day
* Have a strong work ethic and are eager to learn and make lasting connections with prospects
* Clear understanding of tools like Hubspot, Google Ads, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, etc.
* Interest in and knowledge of HR technology, HR industry trends, and critical conversations around the future of work
Paddle HR an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $40,000.00-$50,000.00 per year