We believe that outstanding care starts with outstanding people.
At Runnymede Healthcare Centre, we actively cultivate work-life balance and invest in the resources our staff need to do their best work. Our award-winning, fully accredited hospital takes an inter-professional team approach to care. We provide comprehensive clinical services to patients who require expert treatment, extended rehabilitation and daily care beyond what can be provided at home or in the community. At Runnymede we have a single, clear purpose: improve the quality of life of every patient, every day. If you want to join a centre of excellence with a multidisciplinary team who supports the delivery of patient-centered care, we want to hear from you today.
Communications Specialist–Permanent Full-Time
Reporting to the Director, Client Relations and Community Engagement; this position will primarily support hospital wide corporate initiatives that align with our strategic directions and/or legislative requirements. This position develops and evaluates communication strategies to effectively target audience(s), promoting the hospital’s profile and initiatives while supporting Runnymede in maintaining a leadership position in the healthcare environment.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders (including senior leadership team) to communicate the hospital’s vision, strategic directions and progress on results.
- Contribute to the development, implementation and evaluation of a communications strategy and associated activities using consistent processes, templates and tools which support achievement of Runnymede’s strategic directions and organizational priorities.
- Produce and edit highly creative written, visual and broadcast content for the hospital's web site and intranet as well as, community outreach, government, media and employee communication vehicles.
- Prepare key messages, backgrounders, speeches, presentations, promotional items, executive briefing notes, story pitches, media releases, fact sheets and press kits.
- Identify specific or unique communication delivery channels needed for stakeholder groups and champion communication solutions.
- Produce and distribute a regular electronic newsletter for internal audiences, coordinating information submitted from stakeholders.
- Ensure quality of communications and their compliance to corporate standards; ensure all necessary approvals are secured prior to publication.
- Liaise with external vendors and the purchasing department to ensure purchasing and publications policies and procedures are followed.
- Provide photography services for internal/external publications, events and websites and work with health information services and hospital departments to ensure the appropriate media consents and HR approvals are in place for all subjects.
- Ensure all internal communications are focused on maintaining and strengthening Runnymede’s culture through strategic fit and appropriate tone and content.
- Maintain public bulletin boards, brochure holders and communications boards on a bi-weekly basis, ensuring engagement with up to date messaging.
- Contribute to the development, implementation and evaluation of a social media strategy using consistent processes, templates and tools.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications/experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations or similar discipline required
- Work or volunteer experience in the not-for-profit or health care sector preferred
- Minimum two years related work experience in a strategic communications role.
- Proven track record of success in developing and implementing internal communications programs that reach a diverse employee base.
- Ability and flexibility to manage multiple and changing deadlines. Solid project management skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software suite, Adobe CS5
- Experience managing or supporting development and maintenance of an intranet.
- Knowledge of marketing and public relations principles.
- Must be able to attend functions outside normal business hours, as required.
While we thank all applicants, only those under consideration for the position will be contacted. If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources. Runnymede Healthcare Centre values inclusivity and diversity in the workplace. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds. We are committed to employment equity and providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities (AODA). Any information obtained during the course of recruitment will be used for employment purposes only and not for any other purpose.
Reference ID: COM - 0521
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)