B.A. Blackwell & Associates Ltd.
Employment Opportunity – Urban Forestry Professional
B.A. Blackwell and Associates Ltd. is a North Vancouver based resource management consulting firm that
was formed in 1988. Our firm provides consulting services to a wide variety of clients by combining
expertise in vegetation and forest management, community wildfire protection planning, ecology, urban
forestry, forest health, silviculture and research.
Due to expanding opportunities and the need to maintain timely and quality services, we are looking to
increase our urban forest management capacity. We are seeking a highly motivated, urban forest technician
to join our urban forestry section. As a key member of our group, the selected individual will be involved in
projects relating to the management of natural resources in urban and peri-urban environments.
- Degree or diploma in forestry/natural resources, arboriculture
or landscape architecture;
- Minimum two years’ experience as an ISA certified arborist;
- TRAQ qualified.
- Field experience related to arboriculture and/or forest
management including the collection of single tree, stand,
and site attributes;
- Knowledge of and familiarity with ornamental tree and
- Knowledge of and proficiency with MS Word and Excel;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Valid class 5 BC driver’s license.
Applicants with some but not all of the preferred qualifications are
encouraged to apply.
Preferred Qualifications of the Ideal Candidate:
- Experience writing reports, letters and memos for clients,
consultants, local government, and external agencies;
- The ability to cultivate and maintain effective client
relationships, adapt to emerging issues and adjust workplan accordingly;
- Project management skills and the ability to coordinate projects through all phases from
administrative set-up, fieldwork, reporting and mapping, through to post project monitoring and
- Ability to read and interpret design development and construction drawings, legal topographic
surveys, and consultant’s reports;
- Familiarity working with ArcMap and the iOS platform for iPads;
- A strong work ethic, schedule flexibility, team player, and a desire to develop and learn; and
- Experience driving manual transmission vehicles.
This position is available immediately. Projects will involve field work and local area travel throughout the
Lower Mainland. Salary is commensurate with candidate abilities. If you are interested in joining an exciting
forestry consulting company please send a resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information about our company visit our website at www.bablackwell.com.