The Security Supervisor assures that all phases of security are maintained and adhered to ensuring safety for all employees, visitors, guests and patrons throughout the Resort while supervising a team. The Security Supervisor ensures that all required reporting is done accurately, on time and communicated to Director on a regular basis as well as other key management members. Additionally, Supervisors observe patrons and guests participating in gambling activities to detect infractions of house rules and reports accordingly any breech of policies or procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Promotes positive customer relations throughout the resort
- Responsible for security functions at assigned station/posts
- Assists and monitors valet for ultimate customer service
- Provides direction, training and feedback on performance of security and valet personnel daily
- Assists with scheduling and payroll ensuring proper coverage
- Represents South Beach Casino & Resort and its property to assure that all casino regulations are adhered to
- Checks identification in accordance to provincial law
- Maintains constant vigilance to ensure the safety of all guests, patrons, employees and resort assets
- Conducts First Aid or CPR in emergency situations
- Assists with the transfer of monies, chips, and confidential documentation within the Resort or with personnel
- Responsible for card destruction
- Creates files and writes up reports in accordance to policies and procedures
- Documents WCB in partnership with Human Resources department
- Manages the use of keys and has access to highly sensitive and restricted areas
- Actively communicates with team members via telephone, radio or in person to identify and supply information about any suspicions
- Assumes Director of Security responsibilities as necessary in his/her absence
- Provides support to overall resort as requested or needed by the General Manager, Director of Casino Operations and Shift Managers
- Maintains constant vigilance to ensure the safety of patrons, employees and Resort assets
- Ensures and promotes confidentiality at all times
- Complies with all AML/ATF policies and procedures
- Other duties as deemed necessary or as directed for the overall success of the Resort Manages, Supervises and leads a team in Security and Valet of 10-20 personnel. The Security Shift Supervisor is responsible for ensuring all policies and procedures both South Beach Casino & Resort as well as the Security Policy and Procedure manual and applicable laws are carried out, adhered to and executed appropriately in a timely manner.
Qualifications and Requirements
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily while seeing the big picture and or other occurrences within casino. With one to two years’ experience in a leadership or supervisory capacity along with experience in security or law enforcement First Aid, CPR, and AED training is required. Must pass the child abuse registry check and be able to obtain the Security Guard License within 90 days of employment and be certified under Provincial mandate. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs is required with some knowledge using time and attendance software programs. Shift work is required within our 24/7 operations.
Why Work For Us
Here at South Beach Casino & Resort our mission is simple “To provide expert and professional guest service and an entertainment experience for our guests that exceeds their expectations.”
We provide our employees with many benefits and programs to help them succeed in health, wellness, and to drive their work ethic to a new level.
Including these benefits:
- Company Paid Heath, Dental & Vision Coverage
- Employee Assistant Programs
- Company Matched Pension Plans
- Meal Subsidy Program
- Employee Recognition Programs
Apply today and join a fun, rewarding and exciting environment!
Job Type: Full-time
- Security Guard License (Preferred)