The Learning Centre has an opening for a temporary full-time Learning Centre Assistant on the Richmond campus. This position is immediately available, and is expected to end March 1, 2021.
The successful candidate will be highly organized and able to work both independently and as part of an exceptional team in providing academic support for KPU students. Key duties are to provide reception and administrative support for students, tutors, Learning Strategists and the administrative team within the Learning Centres. The Assistant will also be responsible for providing students with information and help to access learning support services and resources, assisting with tutor training, and managing the online learning and workshop platforms. Demonstrated experience in using publishing and statistical programs for help with materials development, marketing and advertising as well as data management and reporting skills are essential. The Assistant may also be required from time to time to provide tutoring support in an area of competence (Math, English, ESL, writing, reading, study strategies).
Minimum qualifications include:
- A relevant university degree and minimum of three years in an administrative support role in a post-secondary environment.
- A superior knowledge of office procedures and systems.
- Demonstrated ability in web applications, statistical and publishing programs and in using multimedia.
- Proven ability to work as part of a team and proven ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with people of varied backgrounds and experience.
- Demonstrated advanced organizational skills, including the ability to set priorities, plan, coordinate and follow up appropriately.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively and pleasantly with students, faculty, staff and members of the community.
Ready to Apply?
To indicate your interest in available positions, please click the following email link which will pre-fill information necessary to process your application: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include a current resume or CV as well as photocopies of post-secondary transcripts by December 9, 2019.
To help us process your application as quickly as possible, ensure your email subject line is written using the following format: Last Name-First Name, Competition Number XXXX. For example, “Doe-John, Competition Number XXXX
Please submit a separate email and resumé for each competition to which you are applying. Ensure you have clearly marked each email and resumé with your last name, first name, and the appropriate competition number.
The University welcomes and encourages applications from women, members of racialized groups/visible minorities, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, and persons of any gender identity or gender expression. If you require an accommodation through our hiring process, please include your request in the application email.
We thank all applicants for their interest in employment with KPU. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Kwantlen Polytechnic University is committed to protecting the safety and welfare of employees, students, and the general public, and upholding the reputation and integrity of the University. For this reason, final applicants will be asked to undergo a background check.