Executive Flight Centre (EFC) has been setting standards in aviation fuel and service for over forty years. Headquartered in Calgary, with operations in Alberta, British Columbia and Saskatchewan EFC offers a diverse range of aviation services to meet the needs of airport users. Our vision is to provide an excellent quality of service to all customers in the Aviation Industry by focusing on Safety, Quality, Consistency and Customer Service.
EFC is committed to creating and sustaining an inclusive and diverse work environment, while upholding the principles of employment equity. Your participation in this important process is greatly appreciated. We encourage applicants to self‐identify as a member of one or more of the employment equity designated groups – Women, Aboriginal peoples, Persons with Disabilities and/or Members of Visible Minorities. The information collected will be used solely to carry out our obligations under the federal Employment Equity Act.
Our Calgary head office location is seeking an experienced Human Resources Generalist to support our diverse operations for three companies. This is a full-time position.
In this hands-on role, the Human Resources Generalist is responsible for providing support and assistance to management and staff regarding the application of HR programs, policies and processes and providing a lead role in recruiting activities.
- Assist supervisors/managers with recruiting and staffing from advertising through to on boarding.
- Act as HR’s first point of contact for supervisors and managers for EFC base locations, including:
- Consult with supervisors/managers on the interpretation and administration of Human Resources programs, policies, and processes.
- Consult with supervisors/managers on employee relations including coaching, development and performance management.
- Act as HR’s first point of contact for employees regarding concerns or questions, review and assist supervisors and managers to resolve matters as required.
- Participate in the development and administration of HR programs related to employee pay practices, labour standards compliance, and competency/performance measures.
- Actively participate in administration of HR programs including the performance review process, employment equity program, and staff training and development.
- Participate in the development and maintenance of Human Resource policies, programs, and procedures that result in alignment with corporate values, compliance with relevant provincial and federal legislation/regulations, and achievement of business objectives.
- Provide HR administrative support, including preparation of contracts, reports, spreadsheets, letters, and presentations, data entry, filing and completion of office tasks.
- Assist in maintaining employee personnel files, employee databases and the company organizational charts.
- Maintain a tidy and orderly work area exhibiting pride in work performance and contributing to a healthy and safe work environment.
- Ensure exceptional, courteous and respectful customer service through compliance.
- Comply with and participate in the Company’s Health & Safety and Quality programs and initiatives.
- Perform any other duties as required.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Certificate or Degree in Human Resources (or current enrollment in program) is preferred.
- Minimum of five years of progressive human resources experience in a generalist capacity.
- Federal Employer/Canada Labour Code experience is preferred.
- Ability and willingness to perform ‘hands-on’ generalist and administrative duties.
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Strong relationship building skills and ability to function effectively in teams.
- Flexibility and proven experience in balancing competing priorities and juggling a variety of responsibilities.
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills, including the ability to exercise independent judgment.
- Strong time management, organizational, and prioritization skills, with high attention to detail.
- Self-motivated and self-directed with a demonstrated ability to work with minimum supervision in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to work in a confidential capacity with a high level of professionalism.
- Proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office suite and HRIS and payroll applications, preferably Ceridian Dayforce.
- Professional, punctual, meticulous and diligent.
- Able to work collaboratively as a productive member of the EFC Team.
Executive Flight Centre offers competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package, an incredible work environment, and career advancement opportunities.
Please visit our web site at http://www.efcaviation.ca/ for a complete description of our company and to view other career opportunities and to apply for this role.
Please include your resume and cover letter when applying for this position; indicating the position title and location you are applying for in the subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Executive Flight Centre; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Ceridian Dayforce: 1 year (Preferred)
- Canada Labour Code: 1 year (Preferred)
- Human Resources: 5 years (Required)
- Secondary School (Preferred)