Across our three hospitals and eight satellite sites, Scarborough Health Network (SHN) is shaping the future of care. Our many programs and services are designed around the needs of one of Canada’s most vibrant and diverse communities. We are home to North America’s largest nephrology program, as well as the designated cardiac care and spine centre for Scarborough and surrounding communities to the east. We are proud to be a community-affiliated teaching site for the University of Toronto and partner with a number of other universities and colleges, helping to train the next generation of health care professionals. Learn more at shn.ca
Reporting to the Director of Surgery, the Manager provides leadership for the Surgical Suites program (OR, PACU, Same Day Surgery, Cystoscopy & the Eye Center) at the Birchmount Campus of the Scarborough Health Network. The Manager, Surgery and Ambulatory Care will facilitate the delivery of quality patient care and the provision of a safe working environment for nurses, physicians and the interdisciplinary team. The Manager is accountable and responsible for the efficient and effective management and utilization of approved financial, human, capital and material resources.
Company Vacancy/Request for Transfer:
The completion of this online form serves as your application and will be used to determine if you meet the requirements of this position. Please ensure that you have provided all pertinent information necessary to be considered for this vacancy by the close date.
- Bachelor’s degree and designation as a regulated health care professional required, Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum 5 years clinical experience in the Peri-Operative area with demonstrated clinical and leadership skills
- Previous supervisory or management experience required
- Current registration with College of Nurses of Ontario
- Demonstrated commitment to participatory management, research based practice and patient/family collaborative education programs is required
- Demonstrated ability to develop standards, protocols, policies and procedures
- Demonstrated integrity, ability to take initiative and a commitment to continuing professional development
- Demonstrated strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Demonstrated superior interpersonal skills with the ability to deal with a wide range of individuals tactfully and diplomatically
- Proven mediation, conflict resolution and negotiation skills, with the ability to negotiate diplomatically with members of the multi-disciplinary team, patients/clients and the community
- Proven superior facilitating, mentoring and presentation skills
- Demonstrated strategic leadership, team building and conflict resolution skills
- Proven solid planning and organizational abilities
- Proven strong problem-solving, negotiating, planning and decision making ability
- Demonstrates values consistent with SHN’s Code of Conduct and is committed to
fostering a healthy and positive work environment in accordance with Health & Safety
policy and legislation.
- Utilize protective equipment provided and identify and reports hazards
- Engages in ethical conduct and strives to understand and appreciate the diversity of our
patient/staff population and community
- Excellent work performance and attendance record
- Ability to speak another language
Scarborough Health Network (SHN) embraces and celebrates our community’s unique multicultural heritage and diversity. SHN is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a culture of inclusiveness and diversity reflecting our diverse patients, staff and community alike. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs.