Working for BBA means being part of a team of talented people who have the passion to succeed and the drive to excel in order to provide first-class service to clients.
Recognized for its extensive field experience and cutting-edge expertise, BBA has been delivering a comprehensive range of consulting engineering services for over 35 years, from studies and design to commissioning and operational support. Our firm is supported by a network of offices across Canada to carry out mandates at the local, national and international levels.
BBA provides a stimulating and friendly working atmosphere. We focus on building teams with complementary talents and provide employees with a work environment conducive to developing their skills.
BBA is a Canada's Best Employer recipient from Kincentric and is part of the prestigious Platinum Club of the Best Managed Companies, which unites companies that have held onto their title for over six consecutive years. For BBA, making the list speaks to the rigour of our practices and our unique approach to employee and client relations.
To find out more about BBA, follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our talent acquisition specialists: http://www.linkedin.com/company/bba_2.
Job Description :
You will be part of the mechanical engineering team specialized in pumping. You must be proficient in the pumping and piping sectors for various industrial process applications, such as pumping water, tailings, sludge, fuel, cooling/heating systems and mine dewatering. This job also provides development opportunities that could lead to a project leader role within 12 to 24 months. You will also be asked to work in the Greater Montréal area, at our Montreal and Mont-Saint-Hilaire offices.
More specifically, in joining our team, you’ll be asked to:
Work Schedule :
- Lead and participate in project concept studies and master plans.
- Lead and participate in the design of plans, specifications and details based on guidelines.
- Carry out and verify design calculations and ensure that plans meet guidelines as well as legal and regulatory requirements.
- Prepare lists and bills of materials in accordance with codes, standards, drawings and other established methods while complying with the firm’s quality system requirements.
- Make recommendations for establishing standards and for practical applications.
- Verify the accuracy of technical tasks assigned to less experienced personnel.
- Assign and review the work of less experienced engineers, technicians and support staff.
- Make technical choices about the concepts to establish, provide recommendations and make important decisions on highly technical or complex issues.
- Ensure that work complies with budgets, schedules, estimates and established procedures.
- Plan, organize, lead and coordinate projects.
- Produce technical data sheets.
- Occasionally, help commission and troubleshoot systems.
- Participate in onsite technical audits.
- Participate in drafting proposals.
- Identify business needs.
- Applies the firm’s health and safety policy and takes the necessary preventive or corrective measures to perform the work safely; becomes familiar with the firm’s prevention program; and applies specific job directives.
- Ability to organize
- Ability to maintain positive peer relationships
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Demonstrates commitment to health and safety
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical or chemical engineering and member of the Ordre des ingéneiurs du Québec
- At least 10 years of experience
- Experience in mechanical engineering in the industrial, mining or energy sectors
- Solid knowledge of one or more of the following fields: pumping, piping, stress analysis, pressure vessels, mine dewatering, tailings pumping, etc.
- Available for short-term travel outside the office
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office Suite and other applications as well as databases and interfaces
- Relevant experience in project management, cost estimates, drafting technical reports and troubleshooting
- Bilingual (English and French)
- Knowledge of digital simulation software (AFT Fathom, CAESAR II or other)
- Asset: ASP Construction card
BBA is committed to promoting diversity and employment equity. We thank you for your interest in our firm. Please note that only those candidates selected will be contacted.