IRIS is currently seeking an Optician or Student Optician to join our dynamic eye care team at our beautiful location in Market Mall
IRIS The Visual Group is Canada's largest network of Eye Care Professionals, with over 140 locations across Canada. At IRIS, our mission is to provide the highest quality products and professional services in the world of eyecare.
IRIS offers competitive wages, extended health benefits, quarterly bonus opportunities, a pension plan and an excellent work environment.
In 2019, IRIS Optometrists & Opticians ranked 38th in Forbes’ top 300 best employers in all of Canada (and the 1st in the field of optics)
IRIS supports our professionals by paying for our full-time Licensed Opticians’ annual professional fees.We also support and assist many of our employees to complete their professional courses for industry specific training.
The strength of the IRIS brand is built upon our employees and our commitment to our core values of Passion, Honesty, and Respect. We provide opportunities for our employees to have rewarding careers in whatever capacity they are associated with IRIS.
Job Type: Full-time
IRIS Opticians work alongside our IRIS Optometrists, Manager and Team members to deliver our mission to our customers on a daily basis while adhering to the three values of IRIS; Passion, Honesty and Respect.
- Offer the newest technologies in lenses, dealing primarily with Nikon
- Offer the latest in trends and technologies within our frame collections
- Maintain a spotless work environment to maximize the IRIS Experience
- Participate in ongoing training programs
- Build a positive working relationship with IRIS Optometrists and team-Contribute to monthly team meetings and coaching sessions
- Are passionate and result focused
- Work a variety of shifts (including days, evenings, and weekends)
-Possess Optician licence in the province of employment and in good standing
-Maintain current knowledge of lens technologies
-Strong organizational, communication, customer service, and problem solving skills
-Proactive decision-making and ability to take personal responsibility for actions
-Retail sales skills with the ability to present and deliver high quality products
-Fashion-forward sensibility and ability to deliver the IRIS Experience
-Fast learner, quick thinker, adaptable to change, attentive to detail
-A positive attitude is a must
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time