Interior Washbay Attendant - Temporary
Location: Fort McMurray, AB
Diversified Transportation is in need of an Interior Washbay Attendant based in our Fort McMurray Shop. Reporting directly to the Shop Manager, the selected candidate is directly responsible for the interior and exterior cleaning motor coaches and/or yellow buses during a shift in a team setting. This position is a full-time temporary opportunity with a possible end date of May 1, 2020.
- Responsible for the cleaning of arm rests, control console, dash and surfaces at the front of the bus, driving pedals, overhead baggage racks, and entrance stairs; rest room; windows; floors; in addition to garbage removal and re-positioning seats and belts.
- May be required to drive the coach or yellow bus from the bus barn or parking lot to the wash bay and return it to its proper parking space.
- Be aware of Health & Safety issues and ensure all staff is able to work in a safe manner, reporting issues as necessary.
- Adhere to all Standard Operating Procedures.
- Perform any other duties that are deemed reasonable by the Shop and Facility Manager
Desired Skills and Experiences:
- Previous Washbay Attendant, janitorial or labourer experience is preferred
- Previous motor coach (Prevosts, MCI models) or yellow bus (Thomas, International CE and 3300+ models), or other heavy equipment driving is preferred.
- Full Class 5 Drivers Licence with 3 or less demerit points on Driver's Abstract
- Able to lift up to 10 lbs frequently and up to 20 lbs rarely; carry up to 10 lbs frequently and up to 20 lbs occasionally; push & pull up to 10 lbs occasionally; stand, wash, climb frequently; reach, bend, twist, and do repetitive work occasionally
- Able to work alone, do day and night shift work for long periods of time up to 8 hours per shift in dusty, dry vaporous, noisy environment
- Successfully pass a criminal record and Drug and Alcohol Test
- Strong abilities to follow oral or written instructions as required
- Proficient computer skills as well as MS Office Suite
- Must have the abilities to establish and maintain cooperative relationships with Shop staff and trades
- Experience working in a culturally diverse workforce is an asset
Interested candidates should apply with an updated resume and driver's abstract.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
- Wash Bay: 3 years (Preferred)
- Fort McMurray, AB (Preferred)
- Class 5 Drivers License (Required)