FirstService Residential is North America’s foremost property management firm specializing in Property Management, Security Guard Concierge, Cleaners and Superintendent within our Property Services Department.
We are currently looking for a Full-time Dock Master position at one of our Luxury Residential Condominiums we manage in Downtown Toronto.
Employment Type: Full-time (Permanent)
Start Date: ASAP
Shift Hours: Monday-Friday 7:00am-3:00pm
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Managing the deliveries and operations of the loading dock.
- Cleaning and maintenance of the dock floor area
- Ensuring that only commercial and authorized vehicles have access to the dock area.
- Directing traffic by facilitating access for contractors and vendors, and resolving logistical and/or loading conflicts.
- Being familiar with floor areas, exits and locations of firefighting equipment.
- Conducting a fire watch of the drive aisle on an hourly basis to ensure the drive aisle is not utilized for unauthorized storage/staging purposes and to inspect for potential fire hazards.
- Responding to fire emergencies and assisting occupants to evacuate if safe to do so.
- Assisting in fire prevention by noting and reporting to the Property Manager or Maintenance Staff of where fire hazards exist.
- Ensuring that an alternate Dock Master is trained in these duties in the event of absence of the regular Dock Master(e.g., illness, meeting, vacation).
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must be available to work in emergency needs.
- Ability to read, write, understand, and communicate effectively and professionally through verbal and written communication.
- Knowledge of the building tenant base.
- Strong supervisory skills and ability to provide ongoing constructive feedback.
- Knowledge of freight elevators and how they operate.
- Strong customer service, time management and interpersonal skills required.
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Working knowledge of loading docks.
- Traffic management skills.
Benefits of working with FirstService Residential:
- Competitive salary and benefits package.
- Excellent opportunity for professional development and growth within North America's foremost Property Management firm.
We thank all applicants for their interest in applying for a position at FirstService Residential. Your credentials will be reviewed and only those candidates who meet the qualifications of the role will be selected and contacted for an interview.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $17.00 /hour
- maintenance: 1 year (Preferred)
- dock master: 1 year (Preferred)