We are proud to be one of North America’s largest integrated master-planned community homebuilders having built over 15,000 new homes and condominiums. We are committed to building excellence and in creating communities that are well located, rich in amenities and full of life. We are proud of our history and excited about our future as we continue to realize our vision to provide families and individuals with a place they can truly call home.
The Quality Assurance Technician will be responsible for inspecting all Low-Rise Projects to ensure it meets with the design and construction elements in compliance with drawings, quality and contract specifications. The Quality Assurance Technician inspects the works at five stages during the build; 1) Foundation 2) Framing 3) Drywall 4) Finishing 5) Final. They will ensure that quality control is carried out according to Empire’s quality standards and practices.
Key Functions & Duties
Responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain Empire’s quality standards on all projects.
- Accountable for a thorough inspection from foundation through to final stage. Responsible for the completion of reports, data entry into Newstar and for the updating of construction schedules based on the five inspection points.
- Confirms O&E’s and validates work against any upgrades. Ensure the workmanship is prescribed as in scope of work.
- Inspect the overall conditions of the home and note any damages that need to be addressed.
- Provides clear documentation of findings and results. Submit documentation and communicates results as directed by the Quality Assurance Manager
- Responsible for conducting a thorough final inspection in preparation for the Pre Home Delivery with to the homeowner.
- determine if home has passed inspections at all stages and issue a completion certificate.
- Other duties as may be assigned
Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum 3-5 year’s construction experience.
- High school education or higher required
- Prior work experience as a Project Coordinator in residential construction
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to recognize and meet deadlines in a fast-paced work environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and desire to work within a collaborative team
- Ability to work independently under general guidance and direction
- Knowledge of Ontario Building Code and Health & Safety regulations
- Good knowledge of construction methodology, material and regulations.
- Ability to carry drawings and diaries as required.
- Ability to use stairs, ladders and climb over rough terrain.
- Work normally requires a high level of physical effort in walking, bending, stooping and climbing.
- Primary work location is site office or project site.
- Project related travel anticipated.
- Exposure to construction work site environment in all seasons.
Empire Communities is committed to providing a barrier-free work environment and as such, any accommodations are available to applicants with disabilities upon request during the recruitment process.