This is an exciting time for WM, as we introduce a new role to support our Eastern Canada area. We’ve got a unique opportunity for a true self-starter who has experience building a department structure from the ground up, soup to nuts.
As an Inventory Manager, you will be responsible for the development, implementation and day-to-day management of our centralized container shop in Brampton.
The first three to six months in this role will be dedicated to understanding our current process, identifying gaps and building an implementation plan. Once a new process is in place, we anticipate the role to consist of the following:
- Interacting with WM internal managers & supervisors to ensure the most efficient, cost-effective operation of the container shop.
- Establishing performance benchmarks, department KPI’s and budgets to accurately forecast labour/cost/time metrics.
- Effectively partnering with Procurement, Sales, Fleet & Operations to manage inventory and ensure container supply meets customer demands. Scheduling deliveries and maintenance services as required.
- Ensuring containers (front end, roll off, compactor bins) are in good repair in both structure and appearance to properly represent WM branding.
- Managing compliance with WM’s Mission to Zero safety standards, encouraging safe and efficient operations.
- Addressing opportunities for process improvements and influencing change.
- Project Management mindset & capabilities. This role will require proper planning, procurement and project execution to initially build and develop the department.
- Your ability to quickly and effectively execute programs with great attention to detail, a sense of urgency and lots of patience. There will be a huge learning curve in this role and you will need to be adept at managing change and coaching internal stakeholders.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with an emphasis on process improvement and installing/maintaining best practices.
- Your acute ability to find root causes to problems and apply sound decisions in a fast-paced environment.
- Motivation and drive. You are someone who will volunteer for new challenges without waiting to be asked and will take ownership.
- Experience developing and executing business plans, schedules, risk analysis/mitigation plans, resource requirement identification and monitoring progress.
- High School Diploma/GED/OSSD and 9+ years of relevant work experience in which you managed process development in a similar work environment.
We’ll Give You
The autonomy to be innovative, develop new approaches to process and method and implement process flow optimization strategies – all in the name of efficiency!
A competitive base salary, an attractive bonus package and excellent options for self-directed benefits coverage. As a WM employee, you are eligible for our employee-discounted stock purchase price, participation in our contribution/matching RRSP program (that’s like free money) and lots of online training via our own online WM University!
You'll have the opportunity to build a promising career—and a bright future.
Are you up for the challenge? We want to hear from you!
Go ahead and take a moment to complete your application. Don’t forget to include a resume so we can see all the experience and accomplishments you have under your belt. If we like what we see, we will invite you to complete a pre-screening video interview, so be prepared to show off your skills!
Equal Opportunity Employer: