A career that counts.
At SARCAN, we create meaningful careers that matter in communities all across the province. Help us create a greener, more inclusive future for Saskatchewan by joining our team made up of people of all abilities.
At SARCAN we offer team members many opportunities, including:
· An opportunity to make a difference in the lives of your fellow team members, our customers, and our environment.
· An opportunity to succeed in a fun, supportive, accommodating and inclusive workplace.
· An opportunity to learn through many hands on and online educational opportunities.
· An opportunity to be rewarded fairly and equitably through competitive wages and benefits, which can include health and dental coverage, an employer-matching pension plan, an employee assistance plan, and family-friendly work schedules.
· An opportunity to be a part of a Saskatchewan tradition and one of the Canada’s most successful recycling systems.
The life of a SARCAN Cashier.
Each and every SARCAN team member is an important part of our team and our community. As a Cashier you will be responsible for:
· Providing customer service by counting containers, paying refunds, and responding to inquiries and complaints
· Complete cash transactions accurately and efficiently
· Preparing containers and non-legislated materials for shipping, which may include sorting, crushing, packaging and palletizing materials by type, size, and colour
· Loading and unloading trailers by hand or at times using depot equipment (e.g. pallet jack, electric pallet jack, forklift, etc.), and may complete related paperwork
· Maintaining depot building and equipment
· Opening and/or closing depot
· Participating in the direction and supervision of staff to maintain a safe and efficient workplace
· Cash pickup from bank, completing night deposits, preparing daily cash reconciliation, and issuing cheques
· Completing daily, weekly, and monthly depot reporting
· Handling operational concerns (customers, staff) in a timely manner.
· In a Medium Depot, assumes the duties of the Medium Depot Supervisor in their absence. In a Large or Extra Large Depot, may assume the duties of the Assistant Supervisor in their absence.
· Attending training and workshops as required.
· Performing all other duties as assigned.
· Becoming the biggest recycling expert among all of your family and friends
What are the skills you must have to perform this role?
To be successful as a Cashier at SARCAN, you will need to:
· Possess good communication, both written and verbal
· Display amazing customer service skills
· Have the ability to do physical work
· Be dependable and reliable
· Have a Grade 12 diploma and a minimum one year related experience (required)
· Supervisory experience an asset
· Working knowledge of OH&S regulations in an industrial setting are essential.
· Have basic computers skills or knowledge
· Portray a high level of professionalism
· Provide a satisfactory criminal record check with vulnerable sector check as a condition of employment
Are you interested in joining our team?
If you are interested in a career filled with opportunities that makes a difference in the lives of people all across Saskatchewan, please submit your resume and cover letter via email by June 12, 2020.
We thank everyone for your interest in this position, however, only qualified applicants will be contacted.
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent