EMCO Corporation is the leading plumbing and heating wholesaler in Canada. For over 115 years, EMCO has been the trusted supplier of quality, sustainable and innovative plumbing and heating products for homeowners, designers, home builders and contractors.
Our talented team of professionals have been the key to our success. We are a high-performing, cross-functional team that support each other on a daily basis to ensure we provide total customer satisfaction…always! We believe every customer’s needs are important and unique and we use this as our guiding principle.
Our team is growing, and we have an exciting full-time opportunity available for a Counter Sales Associate at our Calgary Foothills locations.
What You’ll Do:
As a Counter Sales Associate, you will provide sales support to walk-in customers who come to our sales counters. You will provide the highest level of customer service by maintaining, stocking, and keeping a clean sales counter area. In addition, you will provide support to customers by answering questions, picking, and entering orders and following up on any backorders. Support will also be provided to the Inside Sales and Outside Sales functions.
Additional duties will include:
- Assist customers who purchase material at our sales counters
- Research product for customers and provide recommendations on our assortment of product
- Drive sales growth through ownership of counter merchandising, product promotion, and generate leads for the Outside Account Manager while networking with customers at the sales counter
- Enter, pick, and pack orders generated at the sales counter
- Maintain and clean the counter area including any merchandising displays
- Inform the Buyer when stocks levels are low
- Follow up on backorders with vendors and provide customers accurate delivery dates
- Process returns and warranty claims to customers both on account and cash sales including paperwork in compliance with all procedures
- Navigate and find a solution for customer concerns and complaints
- Perform other tasks as requested by the Manager
What We Are Looking for From You:
- Grade 12 diploma or equivalent; College and/or University degree an asset
- A minimum of 2 years of experience with customer service or counter sales
- Outstanding customer service and verbal communication skills
- Excellent relationship building skills with customers, vendors, and teammates
- Ability to learn and operate the applicable software system used to process orders
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Intermediate math skills with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to learn how to operate material handling equipment
- Possess a strong work ethic and a high standard of integrity
- Ability to work well independently and in a team setting
- Previous experience with or knowledge of plumbing and building products
- Ability to use the Internet as a resource to problem solve and find alternative solutions for customers
Why Join Our Team?
EMCO Corporation prides itself on being a fun, fast-paced, and dynamic workplace. We work as a team, share core values, and support each other’s growth and development. As our teammate, you will have the opportunity to continually develop your skills through ongoing training, be innovative and try new things, and work alongside passionate colleagues with diverse backgrounds and experiences.
We also offer all our teammates:
- The opportunity to be paired with a great mentor and receive on-the-job training
- Growth potential with competitive salary, benefits, and profit sharing
- A career with a solid, stable company with strong core values
- Participation in our Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Wellness and Employee and Family Assistance Programs
- Work-life balance
- Employee discount
- The ability to take part in fun team building events
Interested in a career with EMCO? We’d love to hear from you!
Please submit your cover letter and resume by email to: email@example.com.
EMCO is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a discrimination, harassment, and barrier free workplace where all employees can contribute to their fullest potential. EMCO is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in our workplaces. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, colour, creed, place of origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, family or parental status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. We welcome applications from all minority group members, women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, members of sexual minority groups, neurodiversity, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.