Rate of Pay: $18.00 per hour
Posting No.: 21-190
Posting Date: September 13, 2021
Deadline to Apply: September 20, 2021
Located in Simcoe, Ontario, Norfolk General Hospital provides exceptional healthcare to a municipality of
approximately 69,000 people. Our area of focus provides a continuum of service throughout the life span of the
people we serve including Emergency, Critical Care, Obstetrics, Pediatrics, Medicine, Surgery, and Complex Continuing
Care. Employing approximately 550 highly skilled and dedicated employees, Norfolk General Hospital continues to be
a full service 106-bed hospital with round the clock on-call coverage of Specialists in Surgery, Anesthesia, Internal
Medicine, and Obstetrics, as well as on-site 24 hour per day medical coverage.
Simcoe is less than one hour away from most major centers, including Hamilton and London, and only 90 minutes
from the Greater Toronto Area. Situated in Norfolk County (Ontario’s South Coast), Simcoe is not far from Lake Erie
and the 88 miles of shoreline that includes long stretches of sandy beach.
About the Position
Norfolk General Hospital is seeking temporary Part Time Screeners. The ideal candidates would be dedicated to
patient care and committed to championing the Hospital’s Mission to relieve illness and suffering, and help people live
- Effectively screen all patients, visitors and members of the public when arriving at the Hospital, in accordance with
guidelines set by the Hospital, and Public Health.
- Provide instruction for PPE and ensure that the instructions are followed as people enter the hospital.
- Seek consultation from Clinical areas for issues related to Screening and PPE.
- Assist with Surveillance Testing
- Provide social distancing enforcement.
- Perform screening duties in a courteous and professional manner and act as an ambassador for the Hospital.
Education & Qualifications:
• Ability to interact effectively with patients, staff and families and visitors.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to work well with others in an interdisciplinary team
- Must be self-motivated, with the ability to screen with minimal supervision, a high degree of attention to detail and
Hours of Work:
- Previous experience in customer service is an asset.
- Secondary School Diploma.
Must be available to work all shifts, including days, evenings, nights & weekends. Must be available for
a minimum of three (3) shifts.
Interested applicants must submit a current cover letter and resume to the Human Resources Department by e-mailing
email@example.com, referring to posting number above by 1600 hours on September 20, 2021. External Applicants:
In order to ensure equal opportunities during the recruitment and selection process, Norfolk General Hospital and Norfolk
Hospital Nursing Home provides accommodations for applicants with disabilities, upon request.
Norfolk General Hospital and Norfolk Hospital Nursing Home thanks all applicants for their interest. Please note that only
those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.