Job Purpose: engaged in preparing and cooking great food on a busy a la carte line.
- Ensuring the cleanliness and maintenance of equipment, counter tops, shelving, floors, coolers and freezers.
- Assists in updating recipe standards and developing new menu ideas and concepts.
- Must be able to "prep" food products, using standardized food preparation techniques.
- Completing daily workload to achieve maximum labour & productivity efficiencies.
- preparing all necessary mise en place for a la carte service.
- cook on the line during dinner service.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Skillfully use kitchen tools, machines, or equipment needed in food preparation.
- Strong skill in visual presentation of food.
- Strong time management skills.
- Working knowledge of recipe development & innovation.
- Strong kitchen mathematical skills
- Computer literate in Microsoft windows applications Word and excel.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.42 /hour
- line cook: 3 years (Required)
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (Preferred)