Corrosion Service was founded in 1950 by Thomas R.B. Watson as the first Canadian firm to specialize in cathodic protection. Our founding philosophy was based on the principles of providing great customer service and developing a deep understanding of customer needs, these same core principles still guide our company today.
Throughout our history we have always been privately owned by successive groups of employees that have risen through the organization. This ownership structure gives us a unique perspective on business and ensures that our stakeholders (customers, employees and partners), rather than shareholders, always come first. This is vital for a company such as ours, given that we exist primarily to protect the environment, our citizens and the prosperity of the communities in which we live.
Position: Corrosion Technician
The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting the Operations Group in the execution of their day to day duties on various projects.
- Responsible for completing tasks related to the installation, energization, and maintenance of cathodic protection and AC mitigation systems.
- Responsible for the maintenance and operational function of assigned vehicle, tools and equipment.
- Responsible to coordinate and complete the specific project task objectives.
- Responsible for the in-field training and development of other junior Project Team members.
- Work with the Junior and Senior Team Leaders and other designated Personnel in the participation of work plans for various assigned projects.
- Develop and follow project completion strategies to ensure efficient project work.
- Responsible for the profitable delivery of Corrosion Services products and services in the field.
- Respond promptly to Customer/Project issues in co-operation with the Junior/Senior Team Leaders and project staff.
- Provide on-site technical advice to team personnel as required. Provide Junior/Senior Team Leaders information regarding technical problems to allow a remedial plan to be determined in a cost-effective manner.
- Follow Corrosion Service’s and client’s operations and HSE procedures and policies.
- Ensure that all required reporting is submitted to the Team Leaders/Project Engineers
- Ensure that all required reporting is submitted to the Safety Representative including, but not limited to, operational reporting (i.e. Health & Safety Inspections Forms, Observational Based Safety Forms, Near Misses, Incidents, etc.).
- Complete timesheets and expenses in a timely manner to keep project costs current.
- Follow inventory removal/addition procedures to ensure accurate counts.
- Work with other technical staff in a supportive and positive manner.
- Complete tasks to Corrosion Service Quality of Work standards.
- Develop the culture of employee’s attitudes towards work and each other. Code of Conduct etc. Responsible for completing tasks related to the installation, energization, and maintenance of cathodic protection systems.
- University or college graduates from an electrical/electronic engineering or technology program.
- Prior work experience in a field support type role would be an asset.
- NACE CP Certification would be preferred.
- Must have good oral, written communication, and computer skills.
- Must be physically fit, willing to routinely work outdoors, and able to lift 30kg on a regular basis.
- Should have solid hands-on technical capabilities, valid driver’s license, be willing to travel, and work overtime.
- General understanding of electrical circuits and theory.
- Good initiative, adaptable, flexible, and team player.
- Technical (electrical) background, good problem-solving skills.
- Any cathodic protection background will be an asset.
- Experience in the oil and gas pipeline industry is valuable.
We are an organization where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, and interesting projects nationwide. It is a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes Corrosion Service a great place to work and grow. Corrosion Service is an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you would like to work in a stimulating environment with the prospect of developing your potential, we invite you to explore the possibility of joining our team. Please send your cover letter and resume when applying to the position.
Note: All employment is conditional upon the completing and obtaining a satisfactory background check, including employment, references and criminal records (for which a pardon has not been granted) checks.
Please note that only individual selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- technician: 1 year (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Preferred)