LOCATION: 383 Humberline Dr, Etobicoke
SHIFT: 02:00 pm to 10:30 pm and 6 am - 2:30pm
WAGE RATE: $32- $34
- Performs all repairs, develop and carry out preventative maintenance inspections, follows preventative maintenance schedule to sustain the optimal performance of equipment and minimize downtime and costs in compliance with HACCP rules, JSA’s and SOP’s and other requirements.
- Production line troubleshooting, identify spare parts required and ordering of parts
- Responsible for troubleshooting of machinery to minimize downtime; acts upon an intense sense of urgency to on-floor calls and emergencies
- Responsible for completing a work schedule in cooperation with departments and Maintenance & Production Supervisors
- Acts a liaison for contractors conducting repairs in the plant
- Ensures that all required documentation is completed correctly and on-time. i.e. Daily Time Sheets, pre-operational forms, preventative maintenance logs, temperature recording and equipment monitoring, work orders, etc.
- All work performed and completed may require skills such as electrical, PLC Programming, refrigeration, hydraulics, pneumatics, vacuum, plumbing, fabricating and other areas as needed.
Millwright License is required
5 years’ experience in food packaging equipment and industrial maintenance experience
Good knowledge of electronics and PLC technologies and troubleshooting skills
Understands programmable controls and is computer literate
Additional Skilled Trade Licenses would be an asset
Good writing and oral communications skills
Assess decision making qualities and work under pressure
Sofina Foods Inc. is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). Applicants are asked to make their needs/requirements, for the purpose of accommodation under AODA, known to Human Resources when they are contacted for an interview.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $32.00 to $34.00 /hour
- Maintenance Technician: 3 years (Preferred)