Health Care Aide – Edmonton
If you strive to make a difference in people’s everyday lives by caring for them with compassion, dignity and respect, CBI Health Group has great opportunities for Health Care Aide (HCA).
You will provide quality, patient-centered care to our clients. As a Health Care Aide, you will help patients with the activities of daily living, including bathing, dressing, meal preparation and light household duties.
As a Health Care Aide, you will:
- Provide personal care to patients proactively and with compassion.
- Assist with daily living activities, such as grooming, dressing and bathing.
- Plan and prepare meals.
- Help with patient mobility and transfers.
- Perform light household duties, such as cleaning, laundry and washing dishes.
To take on the role of Health Care Aide, you must have:
About CBI Health Group:
- Health Care Aide Certificate.
- Care Aide and Community Health Worker Registry Number
- Clear Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening within the last 12 months.
- Evidence of a negative TB test within the last 12 months and an up-to-date Immunization Record.
- Availability to work days, evenings and every other weekend.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Proven interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Previous community experience is an asset.
CBI Health Group is Canada’s largest provider of integrated community healthcare. For over 40 years, we have remained totally committed to improving the health and enriching the lives of Canadians. What sets us apart is our ability to work as a unified network dedicated to the ongoing learning that allows us to foster best practices, improve access to care and create better results for our patients. We organize our teams and services to ensure the right professionals and caregivers provide the right service, at the right time, in the right place. In over 250 facilities, our services are provided by a dedicated team of more than 11,000 administrators, support staff and caregivers that include physiotherapists, occupational therapists, registered massage therapists, kinesiologists, chiropractors, speech-language pathologists, psychologists, physicians, nurses, dieticians and behaviour therapists.
The CBI group of companies includes CBI Health Centres, CBI Home Health, We Care Home Health Services, Monarch House, CBI Workplace Solutions, and CBI Assessment Services. Our expanding transitional and residential community care network now numbers more than 60 homes nationwide. At CBI, our people really care and believe that by working together, we can aim higher and make great things happen every day. CBI Health Group is committed to accommodating people with disabilities as part of our hiring process. If you have special requirements, please advise Human Resources during the recruitment and selection process.
facebook.com/cbihealthgroup | Twitter: twitter.com/cbihealthgroup | www.cbi.ca