INTERSECT BUSINESS + MARKETING is actively seeking a Social Media Manager/ Digital Designer who can deliver effective, on-brand, and on strategy creative content. The successful candidate will work to execute creative digital materials, which includes but is not limited to design of new websites, updates and enhancements to existing websites, social media content creation, email template design, digital ad design, animations and general image editing. Reporting to the Director of Marketing, you will work collaboratively with other marketing & communications professionals and senior staff members to establish brand continuity across all marketing platforms.
You will also work with the rest of the marketing team on projects across different types of media and take work from concept to final execution within deadlines. You will present completed ideas and rationale to team members and stakeholders, be responsible for building and organizing our creative assets and stay on top of all trends and maintain best practices. Ability to work closely with a team, provide expertise and guidance are integral parts of this position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES + RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create visual designs for a range of formats, including; websites, social media content, email, print collateral, presentations, corporate templates and packaging.
- Present creative concepts and final artwork with strong rationale, demonstrating an understanding of business goals and consumer insights and needs.
- Image retouching and image manipulation.
- Ensure all creative deadlines are met and respected.
- Provide direction to production artist as needed to assist in execution.
- Work with internal clients to refine briefs and gather information as needed.
- Monitor graphic trends and innovation, researching new concepts and ideas proactively which could contribute to achieving our business objectives.
- Create exceptional and engaging digital content, all the way from ideation to execution.
- Utilize brand assets to design marketing collateral, digital content, signage, emailers, menus, event packages and more.
- Work collaboratively with key stakeholders and manage multiple digital projects concurrently.
- Adhere to design standards and guidelines; deliver in accordance with deadline.
- Conceptualize and execute digital creative content for social media (i.e. repurposing for social media ads, pop-up alerts, etc.)
- Design electronic and printed materials for trade exhibits, displays, publications, marketing materials, web sites, and other channels.
- Conceptualize and design flyers, advertisements, brochures, logos, signage, and other exhibits/displays.
- Coordinate and maintain a library of graphics, media, digital records, and other enterprise content.
- Lead the creation, development and execution of original concepts of a wide range of communication.
- Work in collaboration with stakeholders and clients during the development and asset finalization processes to ensure business objectives are being met and requirements are being met.
- Create engaging, on-brand digital content by understanding brand identities and enterprise brand positioning.
- Collaborate to translate marketing strategies into innovative, and viable creative concepts and formats, that will resonate with our target audiences and support our brand objectives.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Must have an in-depth understanding of design and graphic principles, and the ability to work closely with project managers and web developers to understand digital project goals and execute design accordingly.
- Demonstrated web design skills, including layout, typography, graphic design principles and colour theory.
- Clear understanding of how design translates to code and formal handover of design to web developers.
- Deep understanding of website usability and user experience principles.
- Strong analytic skills is a must.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills; ability to explain technical concepts.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills; ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Ability to synthesize information from numerous sources.
- Demonstrated adaptability and ability to pick up new techniques or programs; strong multi-tasking skills; willingness and ability to work with various software and to upgrade web page management skills and technology on an ongoing basis.
- Ability to conceptualize, develop, design and produce content across a range of brands and formats.
- Demonstrated willingness to listen to feedback and incorporate suggestions in order to improve.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE + EDUCATION
- Minimum 2 years experience of graphic design principles and industry standard software including Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign).
- Experience with managing Social Media on multiple platforms- Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, Snapchat.
- Experience with Facebook and Google analytics.
- University, College or bachelor’s degree in related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience (preferably in graphic design).
- Motion graphics and/or video editing skills an asset.
- UI/UX design experience an asset.
Job Type: Part-time
- Social Media Marketing: 2 years (Preferred)