Senior Systems Analyst-0002TM
EDC is Canada’s export credit agency, offering information, knowledge and innovative commercial solutions to help Canadian exporters and investors expand their international business. We take on risk so Canadian businesses can take on the world.
When you join our team, you’ll be helping Canadian companies bring their vision, passion and innovation to the global marketplace. Your knowledge and expertise will support more than 13,000 Canadian companies and their customers in as many as 200 markets worldwide. You’ll work shoulder-to-shoulder with the best and brightest in an inclusive, collaborative environment that fosters professional development and success. And you’ll know that you’re making a difference every day—for companies, for Canada and for the people you work with.
Year after year, EDC has been recognized as a Top 100 and Top Family-Friendly Employer.
The Integration and DevSecOps Team delivers high quality innovative integration and continuous delivery solutions that empower EDC to stimulate Canada’s competitiveness in the global market. They do this in collaboration with agile delivery teams in order to create value for the business lines across the enterprise. The team reports into the Technology Operations and Services team within the office of EDC’s Chief Digital Officer.
The incumbent is responsible for understanding the needs of the business supported by their technology platforms, translating those needs into a strategic technology/product roadmaps, effectively prioritizing the backlog of work required to maximize value of the technology/product to their customer and accepts the deployment of these deliverables into production
Advocates for the customer and end user and is ultimately accountable for the product produced
Uses a systematic and scientific approach to assess and continuously improve the fit of existing and new platform solutions in meeting customer needs and provides on-going platform/product management throughout the platform/product lifecycle including retirement of solutions.
Collaborates effectively with a wide range of EDC and external business and technology stakeholders, understanding dependencies across stakeholders in order to properly coordinate and deliver platform results that fit with customer and end user expectations
Maintains a strong relationship with their stakeholders and business sponsor, demonstrating a strong understanding of business priorities and aligns investments that are both sustainable and will drive a clear ROI in direct support of those priorities.
Participates in a culture of continuous improvement using Lean/Agile approaches and is ultimately accountable for decisions regarding priority, business value, and functionality for all the work done by the Agile development team. Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority.
Leads the Continuous Delivery (DevSecOps) stream of platform product development:
o defining and communicating a platform vision, providing clear direction to the development and fulfillment teams, proactively monitoring analytics and recommending iterative choices based on business strategy, customer needs and user behavior. For example:
- Creating business cases for future investments
- Planning the lifecycle of the investment, content and technology
- Projecting spend and requesting needed resources (people, technology, time)
- Understanding cost and value delivered to customer
- Stewarding their product and keeping it in alignment with Enterprise Architecture and Digital roadmap
o Managing the platform/product backlog on an ongoing basis, which includes:
o Ensuring alignment which includes:
- Clearly expressing Product Backlog items as user stories
- Refining the backlog
- Prioritizing items in the Product Backlog to best achieve goals and missions
- Optimizing the value of the work the Development Team produces
- Ensuring that the Product Backlog is visible, transparent, and clear to all
- Alignment to corporate and digital strategies
- Dependency management and coordination
- Stakeholder management and communication
- Ensuring team alignment through effective participation in planning ceremonies, regular stand-up meetings (scrums), reviews, retrospectives, sprint and release planning, demos and other Scrum-related meetings.
Leverages technological savvy in product design choices, recommending both existing and emerging technology in product design
Consistently represents the voice of the customer in platform discussions and decisions, taking a data driven approach to choice making, for example:
- Researching, defining and validating the expectations of customers and users (i.e. conducting and/or leveraging user research and supporting development of mechanisms or experiments that would support obtaining user feedback, facilitating design thinking and ideation workshops; attending conferences, reading white papers, networking with peers in other organizations)
- Analyzing data to generate insights on product usage and trends
Pays attention to usability and design (and is able to identify when the solution may be best served through process)
Identifies MVP and scalable product concepts for development and identifies choices for further iterative development or product market fit
Monitors platform risk exposure, able to steer new platform/product choices through internal risk review and authorization processes.
Undergraduate Degree in Computer Science or Engineering; Management Information Systems or relevant discipline
Minimum of 7 years of experience including but not limited to Product design, business analyst roles, product management and/or product development, solution delivery
Demonstrating experience in developing business value through technology
Exceptional ability to articulate the business value of DevOps and Continuous Delivery
Ability to demonstrate solid understanding of Agile practices
Specific previous experience in product management and delivery in the technology domain.
Scrum Alliance or SAFe certification
Experience with Kanban
Experience with Azure DevOps or Team Foundation Server
Vendor Management experience
Bilingualism in both official languages (English and French)
$87,300 - $131,000 + performance-based incentive
How to apply
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
July 17, 2020, 11:59 p.m. EST on www.edc.ca/careers
EDC is committed to employment equity and actively encourages applications from women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities. If selected for an interview, please advise us if you require special accommodation.
Candidates must meet the requisite government security screening requirements.