Full Time - 18 Month contract/Maternity Leave
To start as soon as possible
Custom Blacktop Co - Taking on projects of all sizes, Custom Blacktop Co. is the name you can trust for exceptional asphalt paving and concrete work in the Lower Mainland. From large roadway and parking lot projects to residential driveways, we have the resources and knowledge to complete your job in a timely and cost-effective manner. We are specialists in BMX and skateboard tracks, tennis courts and all types of athletic courts
The Controller manages and administers accounting and related administrative activities for the company and associated companies, including maintenance of internal financial controls, financial statement preparation, preparation of financial reports, payables/ receivable management, and payroll and benefits administration.
- Ensures that all proper and necessary accounting controls are implemented and maintained to protect the company's assets, including cash management and compliance with taxation requirements
- Performs financial accounting, , ensuring timely completion of the monthly accounting cycle including bank reconciliations and payroll, tax remittances
- Monitors inconsistencies in accounting transactions and takes action to remedy those in real-time, not at month-end
- Prepares monthly and year-end financial statements and monthly bank reconciliations;
- Manages and ensures required remittances are completed on time, including payroll, monthly and quarterly payroll reports and remittances
Documents all accounting procedures and controls and develops procedures manual for ongoing reference and compliance for matters such as payroll, purchases/payables/receivables, capital assets, etc for both the Controller, Accountant and Accounting Assistant positions.
Completes year-end accounting procedures to fulfill requirements of the annual audit
Qualifications and Qualities:
- CPA designation , or working towards it
- Knowledgeable in compliance requirements (i.e., PIPEDA, CASL, CRA, PCI)
- Previous experience in accounting software used - SAGE Simply Accounting
- Experience with managing a payroll function
- Experience working with auditors, external accountants
- Computer Literacy required - Intermediate to advanced ability working with database management or information systems; Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint) as well as proficiency with Mac, Google docs and Gmail; Advanced skills using spreadsheets; Stays abreast of software updates; familiarity with Merchant Services.
- High degree of attention to detail
- Strong organizational and time management skills, productive, and efficient
- Excellent problem solving abilities, proactive and takes the initiative
- Flexible, ability to adapt well to change, and prioritize
- High level of professionalism, with an ability to work effectively with minimal supervision
- Strong interpersonal skills and collaborative working style
- Proven ability to exercise tact, discretion, and good judgment when dealing with confidential and sensitive matters
We thank all candidates in advance. We will, however, contact only those selected for an interview.
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $65,000.00 to $70,000.00 /year
- accounting: 5 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)