Service Plus Aquatics Inc. is a rapidly-expanding, progressive corporation, devoted to providing exceptional service to the commercial recreational aquatic industry. Established in 1989, we are known for our leadership in design/build services, restoration and repair, and facility management, specializing in LEED design. Dedication, on-going training and a truly dynamic TEAM, combine to make this company an industry leader.
60% - Internal Operations / 20% - Payroll/Deposits / 20% Human Resources
In the Internal Operations Coordinator role, you will be expected to support the following duties as required,
· Payroll Administration/Deposits
o Supporting the Human Resources & Operations Department Manager with payroll submission, payroll deductions, reports, and backup package
o Complete the daily mail and deposits as applicable, and provide related daily report.
· Vehicle/Fleet Management
o Maintenance, repairs, insurance, licensing, purchasing, financing, GPS, KM monitoring, Fleet supplies, tracking, pricing, 407 ETR tracking and invoicing, preventative maintenance, procurement, etc.
· Company Telephone and Cell Phone Maintenance
· Tool Management
o Reporting system/tracking/repair/allocation/preventative maintenance, financing.
· Procurement and Management of Disposables (i.e. office supplies, safety supplies, inventory/stock, etc.) & utilities
· Back-up support for in-house Training of new Employees
o WHIMIS, TDG, and new Employee Orientation and Benefits
· Human Resources direct support and collaboration
o Back-up support to the Human Resources & Operations Department Manager, with WSIB claims, HRDC coordination, Recruitment, Company Benefits, affiliated Trade Schools/Grad Programs, coop placements, etc.
· Primary liaison in governing cost-effective partnerships and contract agreements with corporate vendors, when related to Internal Operations
· Security system maintenance, and overall building security/safety and emergency contact support.
· Back-up for Sage inventory, contact for IT consultants, set-up, troubleshooting, managing passwords and Sage access
· Internal/General Operations
· Administration of Company’s infrastructure
· Reception (monitor main switchboard, and transfer calls to appropriate departments)
· Order office supplies, while maintaining/organizing the supplies room
· Hilti On! Track user set-up and maintenance. First line of support and troubleshooting. Or other associated asset tracking system.
· mJobTime or other payroll system; master administrator responsible for user set-up and maintenance. First line of support and troubleshooting
· Update weekly on-call, by updating phones and redirecting emails
· Oversee any and all office building-related projects (managing office restructuring, acquiring building/restructuring permits, office relocations, offsite storage facilities, lease hold improvements, etc.)
· Miscellaneous tasks as requested by the Human Resources & Operations Department Manager, and the Management Team at large.
Position Summary – Internal Operations Initiatives
· Weekly meetings with the Human Resources & Operations Department Manager & associated minutes.
· Provide a detailed completed and ‘in progress’ tasks, alongside prospective strategies and associated timelines (a generalized ‘housekeeping’ list, covering off all internal operations and human resource-based projects) to the Human Resources & Operations Department Manager, cc’ing the CEO at the end of each week
· Contribute to short and long-term organizational planning and strategy as a member of the internal operations and human resources team
· Assist with fiscal ‘year-end’ operations, as requested by the President & CEO
· Procedures; Corporate procedures
· Year-end & season end administration
· Seasonal activities
· Annual activities including annual bidding of operations suppliers including: insurance, benefits, operational expenses, IT expenses and fleet expenses as corporate bids; regularly taking suppliers out to market.
· IT systems admin & ops.
· Other day-to-day duties and projects, as assigned by the President & CEO
Position Summary – Human Resources Initiatives
· Post job ads, schedule/conduct interviews, perform reference checks, draft ‘offer of employment’ contracts, as requested
· Process and file all new hire paperwork - Initiating and completing newly hired employee HR files, affixed with associated name tabs and employee-related inserts, that have been 100% completed with all necessary information
· Back-up support to the Human Resources & Operations Department Manager, for all new hire strategies/initiatives (i.e. attend job fairs, trade shows, etc.)
· Assist in the maintenance of records of employee personal information
· Leads information sessions to describe employee benefits and insurance, assisting new employees (eligible for benefits) with filling out their application. Enrolls new employee online, when requested
· Leads information sessions to train/educate employees on any and all new policies and procedures
· Keeps apprised of Provincial and Federal regulations and guidelines for employee compensation, communicating any and all information to the Vice President of Human Resources and Corporate Events
· Back-up support to the Human Resources & Operations Department Manager, in the preparation, tracking, and overseeing of the WSIB Form 7’s, and all employee medical/safety/injury reporting (ensuring all copies of any and all documents are stored and retained in the HR office.
· Assist in addressing and answering employee questions about benefits
· Assist in addressing and resolving disputes and complaints among employees
· Assist in the working relationship with legal counsel, in the event of a lawsuit or serious accusation, as requisitioned by the President & CEO
· Processes paperwork associated for terminated employees, and those who have given notice
· Assist in recruiting, hiring, and training strategy development, and helps to develop, maintain, and revise the annual Policy & Procedures manual
· Assist in the annual/bi-annual review of benefits and insurance options for the company
· Assists with Staff Events – socials, retreats, annual events
· Other day-to-day duties and projects, as assigned by the Human Resources & Operations Department Manager, and the President & CEO
Position Summary – Training Initiatives
Back-up support to the Human Resources & Operations Department Manager, for new and existing employees:
· WHIMIS (you will be required to become a ‘certified’ trainer)
· TDG (you will be required to become a ‘certified’ trainer)
· Orientation for new employees
· Benefits Enrollment – Hands on Orientation for those employees that require further assistance during the application process
· New policies and procedures training
· New Government-regulated training for existing/new staff
· Cell Phone Training
· University or College qualifications preferred
· Proven business operations & crises management experience
· Previous payroll experience would be considered an asset
· Knowledge of / interest in tools and vehicle/fleet management
· Excellent telephone manner, written and verbal communications skills
· Business administration, human resources, and/or education equivalent is a valued knowledge/skill set
· Working knowledge: MS Office XP, Windows: Word, Excel, Publisher, internet, email, Sage
· Exceptional organizational and coordination skills, and attention to detail
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Flexible and adaptable, and able to multi-task in a fast paced environment
· Sage experience a definite asset
· A Team player, who can also work efficiently independently
Statement of Commitment: Service Plus Aquatics Inc. (SPA Inc.) is committed to providing a respectful, welcoming, accessible, and inclusive environment for all persons with disabilities in a way that is respectful of the dignity and independence of people with disabilities and in a manner which takes into account the person's disability and embodies the principles of integration and equal opportunity. Service Plus Aquatics Inc. is committed to becoming a barrier-free environment, and meeting the requirements of all existing legislation and its own policies and goals related to identifying, removing and preventing barriers to people
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $40,000.00 to $50,000.00 /year